Keeping up with its more rapid pace of build releases over the past several weeks, Microsoft is shipping out another new Windows 10 preview build for Fast ring Insiders today. Coming in at build number 17760, today's release packs in several bug fixes, along with a pronouncement that the October 2018 Update will be compatible with all Tencent games.
- Meeting the challenge of game compatibility: The Windows Compatibility Team is pleased to announce that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update will be fully compatible with all major Tencent games. Game compatibility can be challenging due to the complexity of the games and reliance on anti-cheat services. We've done this by partnering closely with Tencent to test these games, investigate issues and produce fixes.
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We're just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed the issue causing apps that use .NET 4.7.1 to not work correctly in previous builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in rendering issues in certain types of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using swipe to navigate back in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge crashing after pressing F12 on certain webpages if certain extensions were enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the icons on Microsoft Edge error pages not being visible on localized builds.
- We fixed an underflow in the Windows Security app that could result in the UI unexpectedly showing a very large number of threats had been found.
Perhaps as even further confirmation that the October 2018 Update is almost ready for primetime, this build has "no major known issues to report," Microsoft says. We expect that the company will continue to smooth things over in the coming weeks as Microsoft hones in on a final release candidate.