Windows 10 build 18346 heads out to Fast ring Insiders
Time to check Windows Update, Fast ring Insiders.
Another week, another new Windows 10 preview build on the Fast ring. Today, Windows Insiders can get their hands on Windows 10 build 18346, which includes a large number of fixes, along with some known issues to be aware of.
Unfortunately, there are no new features to check out, but that's to be expected as work on the 19H1 update winds down ahead of its full release.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue which caused the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver to hang.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders not being able to access the Quests section of the Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Settings to crash if you clicked "Pick your insider settings" button under Windows Insiders Program Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the PowerShell .GetType method was unexpectedly returning error "out-lineoutput : The method or operation is not implemented".
- We fixed an issue where in certain languages if you pressed WIN+V before having opted into clipboard history the clipboard history UI would be truncated.
- We fixed an issue with the new Adlam keyboard resulting in not being able to type certain common words.
- We fixed an issue where, when typing Vietnamese, the touch keyboard was auto-capitalizing ever word in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where, when friendly dates were enabled in File Explorer, in certain languages (such as Japanese and Chinese) Insiders would see the wrong day name displayed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected and non-functional Family Safety icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the taskbar search box text becoming black on a black background.
- We fixed an issue where Start menu would crash when using Narrator to navigate pinned folders in Start.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Please note that while we've made some improvements to night light reliability in this flight, we're continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- For display calibration scenarios, monitors may be missing in the built-in Color Management application. As a work around, please use the Settings app to select color profile instead, under the Display Settings page.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We're investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
As always, you can check out Microsoft's full blog post for more details on today's release. Otherwise, hit up Windows Update to grab Windows 10 build 18346 for yourself.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.