What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19035 is now available for Fast and Slow ring Insiders.
- This build focuses on general improvements and fixes, rather than new features.
- You can download this update via Windows Update now.
Windows Insiders on both the Fast and Slow rings can get their hands on a new Windows 10 preview build today. Microsoft release build 19035 to both rings, bringing along another batch of general fixes and improvements. Like other recent build, there are no new features included in this release.
Here's a look at all of what's fixed and improved in build 19035, along with a look at the known issues.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn't mean we're done…
- We've completed the experiment related to how we deliver driver updates through Windows Update. Devices that were involved in the experiment will no longer see the Optional Updates link under Settings > Windows Update. This also resolves an issue where after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. Thanks to the Insiders who have provided feedback on this feature.
- We fixed an issue that could result in fingerprint (if enabled) sometimes unexpectedly not being offered as a sign-in option after waking your device from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that could result in certain apps not launching the first time you tried after resetting the app via Settings.
- Thank you for all the feedback you provided on the Store version of Notepad. At this time, we've decided not to roll this out to customers. Insiders may notice some changes as we remove this change from this build:
- If you pinned Notepad to your Taskbar or Start menu, you will need to re-pin after you upgrade to this new build.
- If you had certain file types set to open in Notepad by default, you will see a prompt when you try to open files of that type again and will need to re-select Notepad.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you are experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they're attached.
- We've received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on SSD devices.
If you're enrolled in either the Fast or the Slow ring, you can grab build 19035 via Windows Update now. For more, check out Microsoft's full release notes. Finally, if you're on the Fast ring, Microsoft warns that it will soon start testing new pre-release builds, so you'll want to switch to the Slow ring if you wish to stay on 20H1.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.