What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19569 is now available for Fast ring Insiders.
- This build comes alongside a set of new icons for Insiders to check out.
- Fast ring Insiders can grab this build now via Windows Update.
A fresh Windows 10 Insider build is now rolling out to the Fast ring. This release pushes the build number to 19569, and it comes alongside some new icons for several Windows 10 inbox apps. There are also a handful of general changes and improvements, along with a set of known issues.
Here's a look at all of what's new and improved in build 19569.
Evolving the Windows 10 icons
We are currently working on a multi-year effort across Microsoft's design teams to redesign the icons across all our products. We started with the Office icons, and now we're moving forward with updating the icons in Windows 10, starting with the built-in apps like Alarms & Clock, Calculator, Mail, and Calendar. Research and feedback from Windows Insiders showed a desire to see consistency in design and connection to the brand, with enough differences to aid in recognition. You can read all about our approach to updating the icons in Windows 10 in this Medium post from the Microsoft Design Team!
Many of these icons will be updated as app updates from the Microsoft Store. We are beginning to roll them out to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring first, starting today. The Mail and Calendar icons rolled out this morning to Release Preview. Over the coming months, Insiders will see more of the icons in Windows 10 get updated with new designs!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in OneDrive not working and using an unexpectedly high amount of CPU for some Insiders on the previous build.
- We resolved an issue where SCSI drivers weren't being recognized with certain third-party virtual machines, which was causing c1900191 errors on these devices. We're continuing to investigate additional c1900191 errors on other devices.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start menu reliability after upgrade for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a green screen with a SYSTEMTHREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error on recent builds.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're investigating reports that some Insiders are unable to update to newer builds with error 0x8007042b. The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon (just a rectangle).
- When you upgrade with certain languages, like Japanese, the "Installing Windows X%" page isn't rendering the text correctly (only boxes are displayed).
- We're continuing to investigate the issue where input stops working in some places if clipboard history (WIN+V) is dismissed without pasting anything.
- The cloud recovery option for Reset this PC isn't working on this build. Please use the local reinstall option when performing Reset this PC.
If you're enrolled in the Fast ring, you can grab Windows 10 build 19569 via Windows Update now. For more on this release, you can also check out Microsoft's full release notes.
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.