What you need to know
- Task Manager and MSI installers have new icons in today's build.
- The build is 21390 and is rolling out now in the Dev Channel.
Microsoft is back with another Windows 10 preview build for Insiders in the Dev Channel! Today's build is 21390, and includes new Fluent-inspired icons for the Task Manager and MSI installers. There's also a new option that allows you to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal.
Here are the changes and fixes:
- As part of our ongoing iconography improvements, Task Manager and MSI installers now have new Fluent icons.
- You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows – please see this blog post for details. This requires Windows Terminal Preview version 1.9 (or higher).
- We fixed an issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry on some resolutions and scaling factors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain punctuation not being displayed correctly when the display language was Chinese.
- We fixed a svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where when using dark mode, the text in the File Explorer search box would be black on a black background. Please note this only addresses this dark theme issue in File Explorer, we are continuing to investigate a second issue impacting dark theme when using Search in the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where a folder might not retain keyboard focus after being renamed in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing the incorrect icon for some processes.
- We fixed a second issue causing some devices to fail when updating to this build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to receive this error code when attempting to update, please file a new feedback item.
As always, you can check out the Windows Blog for the complete changelog, including a list of known issues.