What you need to know
- Task Manager and MSI installers have new icons in today's build.
- The build is 21390 and is rolling out now in the Dev Channel.
Microsoft is back with another Windows 10 preview build for Insiders in the Dev Channel! Today's build is 21390, and includes new Fluent-inspired icons for the Task Manager and MSI installers. There's also a new option that allows you to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal.
Here are the changes and fixes:
- As part of our ongoing iconography improvements, Task Manager and MSI installers now have new Fluent icons.
- You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows – please see this blog post for details. This requires Windows Terminal Preview version 1.9 (or higher).
- We fixed an issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry on some resolutions and scaling factors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain punctuation not being displayed correctly when the display language was Chinese.
- We fixed a svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where when using dark mode, the text in the File Explorer search box would be black on a black background. Please note this only addresses this dark theme issue in File Explorer, we are continuing to investigate a second issue impacting dark theme when using Search in the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where a folder might not retain keyboard focus after being renamed in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing the incorrect icon for some processes.
- We fixed a second issue causing some devices to fail when updating to this build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to receive this error code when attempting to update, please file a new feedback item.
As always, you can check out the Windows Blog for the complete changelog, including a list of known issues.
Nice, Installing now :)
What do the icons look like now?
No offence, but would it have killed you to include pictures of the new icons?
The Windows Blog post doesn't show a picture of the icons either. Nowhere to get the picture from, since this article is mostly just a notification about the blog post.
They are too lazy now a days. They include a old random picture they have and ask you to focus on the content rather than the image.
Announced in the WIP blog, is also an upcoming change of policy of how long feedback in the Feedback Hub will be shown, referenced in the article as "retention period". It's now down to 15 months. This is done to help keep the focus of feedback relevant. It will not impact Achievements, Quests, or Collections. Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/05/26/announcing-windows-...
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.