Windows 10 Insider build 14955 is now available on the fast ring to download for PC and mobile. After a brief tease, it's now available to download for Insiders.
As for what's new, it's a rather short list that includes a recent update to notifications in the Outlook Mail & Calendar app. Here's the breakdown:
- Outlook Mail & Calendar Update (PC & Mobile): We have updated the Outlook Mail and Calendar apps to 17.7466.4062x.0.. This update introduces a few new things for you to check out:
- You can now open email messages in a new window.
- You can now use Quick Actions directly from new email notifications.
- Get someone's attention with @mentions. Type the @ symbol anywhere in the body of your email and start typing to pick the person you want to address.
- Context Awareness in Narrator (PC): As you navigate around, you can be notified about different groups or other areas you move to, such as groups in the Office ribbon. To configure the amount of context you hear, cycle through options with ALT + Caps Lock + /. To change whether the context is read before the item with focus or after, use CTRL + Caps Lock + /. To check the context at any point. Press Caps Lock + D twice.
That's it for what's new in build 14955, so be sure to hit your Windows Update and start downloading now! While you wait, also be sure to check out the much longer list of what's new and broken in build 14955 as well!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Richard Devine is a Managing Editor at Windows Central with over a decade of experience. A former Project Manager and long-term tech addict, he joined Mobile Nations in 2011 and has been found on Android Central and iMore as well as Windows Central. Currently, you'll find him steering the site's coverage of all manner of PC hardware and reviews. Find him on Mastodon at mstdn.social/@richdevine