What you need to know
- On today's FY21 Q3 earnings call, Microsoft provided multiple major statistics.
- It was announced that Windows 10 is on over 1.3 billion active devices.
- Microsoft 365 Consumer surpassed 50 million subscribers.
Microsoft's quest to conquer every device under the sun continues. As of today's big FY21 Q3 earnings report and accompanying call, it's now known that over 1.3 billion monthly active devices use Windows 10. This info comes from the earnings call but has been conveniently noted on Twitter by Microsoft's communications lead Frank X. Shaw.
Shaw included notes from the entire earnings call, so if you want a one-stop-shop for all big Microsoft news revealed today, either keep poking around Windows Central or check out the Microsoft lead's massive Twitter thread.
Also noted in Shaw's tweets were the following nuggets of interesting info:
- Microsoft 365 Consumer has surpassed 50 million subscribers
- Office 365 now has nearly 300 million paid seats
- Microsoft Teams is up to 145 million daily users
What makes the MS Teams figure so interesting is that it's almost double what it was a year ago. And as for the other figures, well, you can see they're big and exciting, too. Just look at the 1.3 billion Windows 10 statistic — that's a lot of operating system installations!
For the rest of Microsoft's earnings call developments, either check Shaw's thread or our pieces on the various news from today's earnings report festivities. If you want to know about Microsoft's Surface revenue, the massive gains in the Xbox department as of FY21 Q3, or any other key takeaways from today's news, keep it tuned to Windows Central.