Microsoft is rolling out new Patch Tuesday updates for September on PC and Mobile today. This months patches bring Windows 10 up to build 16299.125 on PC. This weeks patches include a number of new fixes and under the hood enhancements. The update on PC is rolling out as KB4054517, with the Mobile update referring to itself as "2017-12 update for Windows 10."
- Updates Internet Explorer's default visibility for the button that launches Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode.
- Addresses issue to reset PLC bit on U0/U3 transitions.
- Addresses issue with personalized Bluetooth devices that don't support bonding.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard doesn't support the standard layout for 88 languages.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard for a third-party Input Method Editor (IME) has no IME ON/OFF key.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses issue where, when using System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), the user can't copy or clone virtual machines (VM). The error message is "0x80070057- Invalid parameter". This issue affects the VMM UI and PowerShell scripts used for VM cloning and copying.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Server.
The updates are rolling out now for users in the Release Preview ring and Production ring. Make sure you check for updates to get them downloaded, or wait for Windows Update to automatically download them soon.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.