Microsoft is rolling out new Patch Tuesday updates for September on PC and Mobile today. This months patches bring Windows 10 up to build 16299.125 on PC. This weeks patches include a number of new fixes and under the hood enhancements. The update on PC is rolling out as KB4054517, with the Mobile update referring to itself as "2017-12 update for Windows 10."
- Updates Internet Explorer's default visibility for the button that launches Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode.
- Addresses issue to reset PLC bit on U0/U3 transitions.
- Addresses issue with personalized Bluetooth devices that don't support bonding.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard doesn't support the standard layout for 88 languages.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard for a third-party Input Method Editor (IME) has no IME ON/OFF key.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses issue where, when using System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), the user can't copy or clone virtual machines (VM). The error message is "0x80070057- Invalid parameter". This issue affects the VMM UI and PowerShell scripts used for VM cloning and copying.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Server.
The updates are rolling out now for users in the Release Preview ring and Production ring. Make sure you check for updates to get them downloaded, or wait for Windows Update to automatically download them soon.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
See the Microsoft Surface Duo’s dual-screen Android OS in action
A new video with a render shows the Surface Duo's Android OS in action on dual screens. The footage comes from the new Surface Duo SDK, which looks great even at this early stage.
You can now download the Surface Duo preview SDK from Microsoft
Microsoft released the first set of dual-screen preview SDKs today. One of the SDKs is for the Surface Duo, which allows developers to work on optimizing content for the Surface Duo.
Office 365 ProPlus users will have a Bing search extension forced on them
Office 365 ProPlus users will see Bing become the default search engine within Chrome soon, and people are not happy about it. People on Reddit and Github expressed their frustrations with the move, calling it browser hijacking.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.