For the second time this week, Windows Insiders on the Slow ring are picking up a new build. Coming just two days after it landed on the Fast ring, Windows 10 build 17763 is now rolling out to the Slow ring.
This build is expected to be among the final builds before Microsoft finalizes the October 2018 Update for a public release. And as you'd expect, 17763 packs a number of bug fixes and only a pair of known issues. Here's a recap:
Changes, improvements, and fixes
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn't mean we're done…
- We fixed an issue where touching a Flash element in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could result in the tab crashing.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn't play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn't displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in display scaling factors not being applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full screen remote desktop window on a monitor set to certain display scalings.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand "Background processes" in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
As always, you can check out hte full release notes and more at the Windows blog.
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.