Even as Microsoft prepares to launch the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the public, it's hard at work on the next major feature update, testing it with Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring. Today, the company is shipping out another new build for Skip Ahead Insiders, pushing the build number up to 18247.
There aren't any new features coming along in this build, but there are several bug fixes known issues to be aware of.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator text to speech not making sense when reading Narrator's Quick Start pop up in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in app icons sometimes becoming invisible in the taskbar in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an IME not working in Microsoft Edge the first time it was launched.
- We fixed an issue resulting in WebView controls potentially not responding to keyboard.
- Rolling out this week, along with more bug fixes, we have added a "Preview" tag to Your Phone app as we continue to finetune the based on your feedback. Keep it coming via Feedback Hub.
- When using dark mode, File Explorer's context menu has an unexpectedly thick white border.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage. This should be fixed in the next flight.
- Arrows to expand "Background processes" in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
Known issues for developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
As always, you can check out the full release notes for build 18247 at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring can get their hands on build 18247 now via Windows Update.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
It's available for phone;
"Even as Microsoft prepares to launch the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the public, it's hard at work on the next major feature update, testing it with Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring. Today, the company is shipping out another new build for Skip Ahead Insiders, pushing the build number up to 18247." There are no new features in this skip ahead build, did you read what's new that you wrote? because I read it.
Adding a preview tag to the phone app is not a feature. and absolutely no new feature in Known Issues' paragraph either.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.