What you need to know
- Microsoft shipped a new Windows 10 preview build for Fast ring Insiders today.
- This build brings several fixes under build number 19631.
- Insiders on the Fast ring can download this update now via Windows Update.
Microsoft is capping off its Build 2020 week with a new Windows 10 preview build for Insiders on the Fast ring. This week's release puts the build number at 19631, and it brings some new fixes and improvements to the fore. There are no new big features, but Microsoft also highlights that it has launched ARM64 VHDX for Insiders so they can run Windows 10 as a guest OS in Hyper-V.
Here's a look at everything that's new and improved in Windows 10 preview build 19631.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- We updated the configuration of Windows Hello to make sure it works well with 940nm wavelength cameras.
- We fixed the issue causing the IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a key press not waking up a device from connected standby in certain scenarios.
- Windows Sandbox WSB files are now case insensitive.
- We fixed an issue impacting Remote Desktop reliability.
- We're looking into an issue where some devices booting from eMMC storage may bugcheck when resuming from hibernate.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We're looking into reports that taskbar preview thumbnails aren't rendering consistently (showing a blank area).
This build is headed out to Insiders on the Fast ring now. If you're enrolled in the Fast ring already, you can grab build 19631 now via Windows Update. For more on this release, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.