What you need to know
- Microsoft shipped another new Windows 10 Insider build to the Dev channel today.
- The build brings several fixes, along with some known issues.
- You can download the update as build number 20201 via Windows Update now.
Windows Insiders in the Dev channel can download another new build today. The latest update doesn't pack any new features. However, there are several fixes to check out, along with a list of known issues.
There aren't too many major changes here with build 20201. However, of note is a fix for an issue that would cause HDR monitors to show a black screen with HDR enabled. There's also a fix for Microsoft Store games protected by Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch.
Here's a full list of the fixes:
- We've fixed an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected by Easy Anti-Cheat failed to launch. Some games may still need to release an update to fully resolve the issue.
- We fixed an issue where the IME mode indicator in the taskbar was indicating that the IME was enabled when it was actually in disabled state.
- We fixed an issue in the last few flights resulting in HDR monitors appearing black when HDR was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where the min/max/close buttons were stuck in their original positions after resizing a UWP app.
- We fixed an issue where SetInputScope wasn't working if it was called after the app had been initialized.
Here are the known issues with build 20201:
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're investigating reports that the new taskbar experience for pinned sites isn't working for some sites.
- We're working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We're working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We're working on a fix for an issue where pinned sites don't show all open tabs for a domain. In the meantime, you can fix this by pinning the site's homepage rather than a specific page (e.g. pin microsoft.com rather than microsoft.com/windows).
- We're working on a fix to resolve syncing issues in the Mail app with certain mail services.
- We're working on a fix for an issue where Office documents may open blank when opened from File Explorer. If you encounter this issue on this build or Build 20197, the file should render correctly if opened from within the app rather than File Explorer.
- We're investigating reports of some Office applications crashing or missing after updating to a new build.
- We're investigating reports of some devices receiving a bugcheck with error code KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.
- We're investigating reports of the Settings app crashing when opening Manage Disks and Volumes.
Windows 10 build 20201 is available to download now. If you're already enrolled in the Dev channel, you can snag this update via Windows Update.
"We're investigating reports of the Settings app crashing when opening Manage Disks and Volumes." Nice to see this being investigated as my Surface Pro 4 has this issue.
I wish they would get rid of the settings app altogether. Its not quality software. Feels like preschoolers made it.
Eh, I wouldn't agree, it just needs a rework of some items, and a actual complete implementation of the control panel.
It is the way it is because it needs to also run well in 640x480 without your fancy video driver in safe mode. It was also meant to be the interface for the backbone of the OS that needs to scale in a user-friendly manner to handheld devices. It does not really need any refactoring. It's not something one should be looking at in a daily manner and should only be a step above a Command Prompt.
Outlook crashes after opening. Have to run outlook /safe for it to stay open. Not ideal
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.