Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR beta patch aims to fix blurriness issues
Your Windows Mixed Reality gaming is about to get a little clearer.
What you need to know
- A new beta patch is available for Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR.
- The patch aims to fix blurriness issues that some users had reported.
- Microsoft is "monitor to ensure" that the patch fixes the issues for those affected.
The next time you fire up SteamVR with your Windows Mixed Reality headset, things may be a little clearer. Microsoft has issued a beta patch for Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR that packs a few specific fixes to address blurriness issues that some users have experienced.
The update comes in at version 1.0.517 and includes the following fixes:
- Update to use new scaling capabilities in Windows 1903 on machines with KB4507453 installed
- DX12 motion estimation on Windows 1903 machines for faster motion vector generation by lowering CPU cost and improving overlap of GPU work
- Improve scaling capability for HP Reverb
- Additional performance improvements for motion reprojection
- Fix performance and quality issues related to controller input and haptics
Microsoft adds that it is keeping an eye on the patch as beta users test it to make sure that the blur is corrected. For now, you can check out the full details of the patch and join the Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR on Steam.
The Samsung HMD Odyssey is one of the best Windows Mixed Reality headsets you can get your hands on, thanks to its AMOLED display and integrated AKG headphones.
Portable (and affordable) power accessories we love
Each and every one of these charging gadgets will keep your favorite gear and gadgets going for longer, and none of them costs more than $30.
VisionTek 8,000 mAh micro-USB power bank ($13 at Dell)
This compact dual-output powerbank can speedily recharge any and all your devices, thanks to a two-amp "fast charge feature," using its micro-USB out port. Its simple design includes an LED indicator, and it costs about as much as a single ticket to the movies.
Panasonic eneloop AA batteries (From $13 at Dell)
Panasonic's rechargeable batteries are among the best available, and just a couple of them will keep your favorite remote, mice or other peripherals powered up when you need them. They're also eco. And the company's affordable charger fits and charges both AA and AAA batteries at the same time.
Belkin Qi Wireless Charging Pad ($30 at Dell)
This unobtrusive Qi wireless charging pad looks good (and kind of like a UFO …) and easily charges all your Qi-compatible device up to 5W. Its LED indicator lights up when you're charging. And it costs just $30.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.