What you need to know
- The Eternity's End update (patch 9.2) for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will launch on Feb. 22, 2022.
- This update contains a new Raid to fight in, a new zone to explore, the return of tier armor sets, and much more.
- Shadowlands is the eighth and latest expansion to the long-running MMORPG, World of Warcraft, created by Blizzard Entertainment and published by Activision Blizzard.
Players will soon get the chance to fight the villainous Jailor in "Eternity's End" (patch 9.2), the latest major content update for the long-running MMORPG, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. World of Warcraft's parent company, Activision Blizzard has announced that the "Eternity's End" update will go live on Feb. 22, 2022. This update will contain a myriad of activities, gear, gameplay changes, and much more content for the champions of Azeroth to partake in such as:
- Sepulcher of the First Ones — A new raid where the champions of Azeroth will delve into the depths the Sepulcher to fight the Jailor and rescue King Alduin from the tight grip of the Jailor's Domination magic.
- Zereth Mortis — A new zone where players can explore the land of the progenitors and learn more of the Shadowlands' history by conversing with and fulling quests for the zone's denizens such as the mechincal Automa and a faction of former brokers known as the Enlightened.
- Tier armor sets — This update will see the return of tier gear sets with Progenitor-themed armor sets that will grant 2-piece or 4-piece bonuses for each class specialization. These armor sets can be earned through various ways: raid boss drops, in Mythic+ dungeons, and PVP.
In addition, there will be plenty of gameplay adjustments, class and profession balance changes, updates to Toghast, and a whole host of new mounts and pets to obtain. Also, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands' current PVP and Mythic+ seasons will end on Feb. 22, 2022, and the off-season will begin afterwards.
Alexander Cope is a writer for Windows Central and iMore that has been gaming since the 16-bit era.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.