What you need to know
- G4 was a popular TV network that focused entirely on gaming and gaming related content.
- It ceased operations back in 2014, and hasn't been seen since.
- Today, X-Play suddenly tweeted a cryptic video that heavily teases the revival of G4TV.
- It's possible that the gaming network is indeed coming back, but in what way isn't certain.
The winner for surprise announcement on Twitter today certainly goes to X-Play, who tweeted for the first time since 2012. Even more interesting was the contents, which was a short, cryptic video that ends with a logo for G4TV, a gaming TV network that ceased broadcasting back in 2014, and the tagline "We never stopped playing."
It's not certain what exactly is happening, but it's quite possible that G4TV is making a comeback after all these years. In what form, we can't say, but it seems very likely given the video's ending and the sudden revival of Twitter accounts like X-Play. We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for any more information.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer primarily focused on covering the latest news, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been with Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019. While originally brought on to write about all things Minecraft, Zachary has since expanded to write about practically everything that Windows Central covers. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
I am waaay too old now to watch AOTS
Wait, G4 was popular? I know TechTV definitely was...
G4 sucked but TechTV was *chef's kiss*
I wonder if this is residual trolling from the Twitter hack earlier this week.
We shall see in 6 months at the earliest but this gives me hope again.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.