The X-Play Twitter account just teased a possible relaunch of the G4TV gaming channel
Could it really be coming back?
What you need to know
- G4 was a popular TV network that focused entirely on gaming and gaming related content.
- It ceased operations back in 2014, and hasn't been seen since.
- Today, X-Play suddenly tweeted a cryptic video that heavily teases the revival of G4TV.
- It's possible that the gaming network is indeed coming back, but in what way isn't certain.
The winner for surprise announcement on Twitter today certainly goes to X-Play, who tweeted for the first time since 2012. Even more interesting was the contents, which was a short, cryptic video that ends with a logo for G4TV, a gaming TV network that ceased broadcasting back in 2014, and the tagline "We never stopped playing."
It's not certain what exactly is happening, but it's quite possible that G4TV is making a comeback after all these years. In what form, we can't say, but it seems very likely given the video's ending and the sudden revival of Twitter accounts like X-Play. We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for any more information.
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.