What you need to know
- Xbox Insiders on the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring have a new update available.
- The update started rolling out on February 4, 2021 and should finish rolling out on February 5, 2021.
- The update helps show local languages better across consoles.
If you're an Xbox Insider on the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring, you should see an update pop up by the end of today. The update includes improvements to better show local languages across consoles. Microsoft made the update available for seekers at 5pm ET on February 4, 2021 and it will be pushed out to everyone in the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring by 6am ET today (February 5, 2021).
Here's the complete list of changes, as found on a post from the Xbox team about the update.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see "odd" text across the console, for more information go here.
As is the case with many Insider updates, this one includes some known issues. Notably, this update still includes an issue that can cause some Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S controllers to lose sync with a console.
Here are all of the known issues, as outlined by Microsoft:
- We're aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
- Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a "trial" tag.
- Some users have reported not receiving notifications for party chat or game invites.
- Workaround: Go into Settings>Preferences>Notifications>Xbox Notifications and toggle the "Party & game" selection off and then back on again.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
If you aren't an Xbox Insider yet but would like to be, you can check out our guide on the Xbox Insider Program, including how to sign up.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.