A new Xbox One update has begun rolling out to members of the Xbox One Preview Program. Today's changes affect the console's virtual keyboard and the format of Arena matches. Note that Arena is available only for US testers at this time.
The update is now available to download for all of those enrolled to receive current Preview builds.
For those who use the Xbox One's Instant On mode, the update will begin automatically downloading to your console. To manually install the build, navigate to All Settings > System > Console Info & Updates and check for an update.
With the Xbox forums currently undergoing a large overhaul, today's changelog was posted via Reddit. Here's what has changed in this update!
- OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161012-1900
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/16 (1:00AM GMT 16/10)
- Best of 3 Based on your feedback, all tournaments have moved to a "best two out of three" match format. This includes the currently active Killer Instinct tournament.
- Text Suggestions - Whether you're sending a message to a friend or commenting on a screenshot, text suggestions will now appear above the top row of keys on the on-screen keyboard, helping you complete words faster. Use the right stick to quickly select a suggestion and return to typing, or select suggestions using the left stick or d-pad.
- Installation Xbox 360 backward compatible games should no longer fail to install from a game disc.
- Clubs Resolved an issue which prevented Club owners and Club admins from removing Club members.
- Club invites may sometimes show up in the Friends list in Guide and may be counted or displayed multiple times.
- When viewing the Chat section of the Club menu, the "Get the conversation started" tile is unresponsive when selected. Workaround: Use the "Add a new topic" button at the top of the Chat section to create a new topic
- When browsing the Store, certain apps may be missing for users with their console set to the Singapore region (zh-sg or en-sg). Workaround: To find a specific app, use the Store's search function.
As always, stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest Xbox One Preview updates.
Any idea when those of us stuck on the 1608 build will start receiving updates again? Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Well, I'm not entirely sure on an ETA for this, but I know there's a new Xbox Preview app coming soon which will allow you to switch preview rings (:
I really wish we had text suggestion on pc too!
I am so happy this has finally come to be. Can't the Xbox app allow one to use their phones keyboard to type? That would be so much faster. I know about the add on keyboard for the controller, but I don't want to fuss with that.
Use the Xbox app on your phone. As long as you're on the same network as your Xbox, you can connect to it and use the phone's keyboard to type.
Wasn't smart glass able to do this on 360? Or was that just controller buttons?
I'll try it . Thanks for responding.
Any word on when the expected fall update will be pushed out to the masses?
The suggested text is something I have requested many times. Easily my favourite feature for a long while.
I'm downloading it now, thanks for the heads up. It would have been terrible to have football interrupted because of a update.
Depending on your standby power setting, it either would install when you turned the system off, or the next time you turned it on. OS updates don't interrupt sessions.
I actually shut my system down to save on electricity costs and I've had plenty of preview updates to interrupt my gaming or viewing sessions.
Yeah it's happened to me once. Been thrown out of a multiplayer match because of a mandatory rollout time. It's been a thing frequently requested by Preview members.
When you consider everything the preview program offers it's a minor inconvenience.
Mine is just finishing downloading now
Oh! What a surprise! US only.... just like everything else... not surprising that Sony is so far ahead in sales Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
User: Xbone Xbox One: Did you mean Ken Bone?
Text suggestions also means auto-correct, which isn't very helpful when searching for a person by their gamertag. I learned that last night. There needs to be a way to disable auto-correct.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.