Xbox One Preview update brings text suggestions and Arena changes
A new Xbox One update has begun rolling out to members of the Xbox One Preview Program. Today's changes affect the console's virtual keyboard and the format of Arena matches. Note that Arena is available only for US testers at this time.
The update is now available to download for all of those enrolled to receive current Preview builds.
For those who use the Xbox One's Instant On mode, the update will begin automatically downloading to your console. To manually install the build, navigate to All Settings > System > Console Info & Updates and check for an update.
With the Xbox forums currently undergoing a large overhaul, today's changelog was posted via Reddit. Here's what has changed in this update!
- OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161012-1900
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/16 (1:00AM GMT 16/10)
- Best of 3 Based on your feedback, all tournaments have moved to a "best two out of three" match format. This includes the currently active Killer Instinct tournament.
- Text Suggestions - Whether you're sending a message to a friend or commenting on a screenshot, text suggestions will now appear above the top row of keys on the on-screen keyboard, helping you complete words faster. Use the right stick to quickly select a suggestion and return to typing, or select suggestions using the left stick or d-pad.
- Installation Xbox 360 backward compatible games should no longer fail to install from a game disc.
- Clubs Resolved an issue which prevented Club owners and Club admins from removing Club members.
- Club invites may sometimes show up in the Friends list in Guide and may be counted or displayed multiple times.
- When viewing the Chat section of the Club menu, the "Get the conversation started" tile is unresponsive when selected. Workaround: Use the "Add a new topic" button at the top of the Chat section to create a new topic
- When browsing the Store, certain apps may be missing for users with their console set to the Singapore region (zh-sg or en-sg). Workaround: To find a specific app, use the Store's search function.
As always, stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest Xbox One Preview updates.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Matt Brown was formerly a Windows Central's Senior Editor, Xbox & PC, at Future. Following over seven years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Microsoft's gaming efforts. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.