Hipstamatic’s Oggl app for Windows Phone 8 has had somewhat of a rough start since its launch. The app is slow and let’s admit it, a bit clunky to use. But here’s the thing: Oggl’s filters and lenses are hands down some of the nicest we’ve come across on the platform. There’s just something about their tones that they use that make images really stand out.
Version 1.0.05 for the non-Pro version is now available on the store and it has a very detailed and hearty changelog to go with it.
But here’s all you really need to know: the app is significantly much faster to launch and use now. It now opens in about 4 seconds and with the rapid resume feature, Oggl now comes back from background lickity split. The same goes for the rest of the app, including manually switching the lens + filter combo, which is quite nice to use now.
Changes for version 126.96.36.199
- Added support for managing your social networks better and clearing the session in the device web browser.
- Fixed social sharing issues with Twitter, If you still have issues sharing to twitter log into https://twitter.com/settings/applications and revoke the access for Hipstamatic and then set up the account again under settings.
- Fixed resume to panorama page bug (it now remembers the section)
- Improved canceling of preset rendering (working on support from image processing SDK)
- Better support for HTC 8X
The Hipstamatic team, who’ve always been very forthright in the app description, go on to discuss future updates:
“Continuing to improve the app and we still have some work to do. Performance and stability will get better the upcoming weeks. We are also working on new features requested.”
We’ve always appreciated their little commentary as it gives solace to users who want to see this app become a huge success. Clearly they’re working hard on it and with this update, we can already see a vast improvement.