Microsoft has unleashed Windows 10 onto the world, and if you were looking to perform a clean install instead of upgrading from Windows Update, the Redmond giant has made ISO files available for download. ISOs are listed for Windows 10 Home and Pro versions.
Before you go ahead with the download, ensure you have the following:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
- Read the System Requirements.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). For more information about product keys and when they are required, visit the FAQ page.
You can run the following command in CMD to find the product key associated with your Windows installation: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
Customers interested in Enterprise editions can download the ISOs from the MSDN Subscriber Downloads page. Head down to the link below to grab the ISOs, and while the files download, make sure you read our comprehensive Windows 10 review.
Thanks everyone for the tips!