The popular BitTorrent app Torrex Pro has officially launched its universal Windows 10 version in the Windows Store. The app works with Windows 10 PC and tablets, Windows 10 Mobile smartphones and the Microsoft HoloLens headset.
Here's a look at the main features of the Torrex Pro app for Windows 10 from developer FineBits:
- Flight: Torrex is now much lighter and faster.
- Mimicry: the design adapts to any type of devices.
- Invisibility: Torrex works in the background without any problems.
- Mutation: a built-in player. Watch media content right in the application.
- Time jump: watch a movie or listen to music while the download is still in progress.
- Extended vision: improved detection of torrent sources.
- Speed control: you can limit the speed and total amount of downloaded data.
- Agility: you can now enable downloads over Wi-Fi only to save mobile traffic.
- Telepathy: share data remotely using "Share Contract".
- Empathy: Torrex speaks over 32 languages and is learning new ones all the time.
The developer has also listed some of the more technical features in the app:
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Smart adaptive design.
- Fully universal application (UWP).
- Support of the Continuum technology.
- Background mode support.
- Ability to play media files immediately after the start of downloading (streaming).
- Built-in viewer for music, video, images and text files.
- Plays MKV formatted video files.
- Configurable content view (tiles, table, tree) and various color themes.
- Download priority management, filters.
- Possibility to stop seeding upon completing a download.
- Possibility to restrict downloads to non-mobile connections only.
- Possibility to change the download destination.
- Connection encryption.
- Download speed control.
The free version of the app, Torrex Lite, will also receive a universal Windows 10 version in the near future.
Beta testing for the Xbox One version of the app is expected to begin soon as well, so you could find yourself downloading torrents on your console very soon. In the meantime, be sure to grab the Windows 10 app on the Windows Store and let us know what you think in the comments!