Xbox One SmartGlass is a must-have app for anyone with an Xbox One and Windows Phone. The beta for SmartGlass was just updated today on Windows Phone and includes the ability to buy and download games or content from within the app! Read on for more details.
Head to the Windows Phone Store and you'll find a new Xbox OneSmartGlass Beta update. It'll show as version 22.214.171.124 in the Windows Phone Store, but you'll see version 2.2.1407.23002.
Here's what's new in today's update:
- Like a Game Clip
- Like an item in the activity feed
- View items that have been bundled together
- View items that have been shared to you from a message
- Purchase Xbox One games & add-ons
- Browse for recent and popular games & add-ons
- General stability and polish improvements
- Bug fixes
- Some features may require a console update to take full advantage of them
We played around with the updated app and like the changes. We look forward to buying games on our Windows Phone and having them show up on our Xbox One console. Radical.