The Microsoft Store has picked up another big-name app: Blender. the suite of 3D creation tools is well-known among animation professionals, having launched 20 years ago as free, open-source software. While it's only previously been available at the Blender website and on Steam, you can now grab the software from the Microsoft Store as well (via MSPU).
Blender on the Microsoft Store has been converted using the Desktop App Converter, so you're getting the full experience here. Here's a rundown of some of the app's features:
- Powerful unbiased render engine that offers stunning ultra-realistic rendering.
- An array of modeling tools make creating, transforming, sculpting and editing your models a breeze.
- Whether you need a crumbling building, rain, fire, smoke, fluid, cloth or full on destruction, Blender delivers great looking results.
- From camera & object motion tracking to masking and compositing. With Blender you can "fix it in post".
- From simple keyframing to high-end performance, Blender allows artists to turn their still characters into impressive animations.
The Microsoft Store doesn't rival other stores like Google Play and Apple's App Store in terms of selection, but it has managed to pick up a number of solid apps for creators. Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo offer compelling alternatives to Illustrator and Photoshop, and Adobe recently released Photoshop Elements in the Microsoft Store as well. Blender is another big get, even if it only adds the convenience allowing you to update through the Microsoft Store with all of your other apps.
Thanks, Kenneth, for the tip!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.