Age of Empires: Castle Siege has been updated for Windows and Windows Phone. As of today, the title for the phone stands on version 18.104.22.1681, which is readily available for download on the store. The update contains a variety of fixes and minor changes to improve the experience.
Today's update includes:
- Defending units have done emergency exit drills and will now have less trouble finding and exiting through gates.
- Range units will no longer waste time shuffling their feet when switching targets at the edge of their range.
- Siege unit wheels will not continue to roll when they are halted while receiving orders.
- Deploying squads rapidly will no longer result in some units becoming paralyzed.
- John Kourkouas's Terrorize ability won't cause crazed units to run directly through walls.
- Fixed various issues related to the delivery of notifications.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if the player lost connection while visiting a castle.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when player lost connection while receiving alliance messages.
- Fixed connection error that occurred when a road piece was dragged on top of a wall piece.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred if the player suspended the phone app.
- Fixed an issue with scrolling the unit list on battle logs using the mouse wheel.
- Tapping a trap under a road will select the trap, not the road.
- Changed the way the "you are under attack" timer is calculated to be less confusing.
- Players shouldn't see it count down to zero and then reset as often as before.
- Fixed an issue where tapping a text box while on the idle screen would cause the on screen keyboard to pop up repeatedly.
- Fixed incorrect visual order of cannons on top of cannon towers.
- Removed extra "=" being added to alliance messages when playing in Spanish.
- Fixed an issue where the guardhouse appeared available for purchase in Age 1 even though it could not be purchased.
Grab the update from the Windows and Windows Phone Stores (links below) and let us know how you get on in the comments.
- Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone [Free/In-app purchases]
- Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows 8.1 [Free/In-app purchases]
Thanks, Malben D., for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.