AMD has pushed out a fresh update to its Radeon Software Crimson Edition graphics software that brings along support for Hitman, performance improvements for some of the latest games, and much more. Alongside Hitman support, AMD says that it has improved the performance and quality for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War Ultimate Edition for certain cards.
Meanwhile, version 16.3 of the software adds support for Vulkan, a new graphics API for Radeon graphics cards. Additionally, there are a number of updated settings and toggles inside the software for things like display scaling, power efficiency and more. Here's a quick rundown of some of the highlights of this update:
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for
- The Park
Performance and Quality improvements for
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Up to 16% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X Series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition
- Up to 60% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
- Up to 44% on AMD Radeon™ R9 380 series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
- Vulkan™ Support: Vulkan™ is the successor to OpenGL and a descendant of AMD's Mantle. Vulkan™ is a powerful "low-overhead" graphics API that gives software developers deep control over the performance, efficiency, and capabilities of Radeon™ GPUs and multi-core CPUs. More information on Vulkan™ can be found at https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/. >- Per-Game Display Scaling: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows per game Display Scaling to be set within the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab under "Profile Options".
- Language Menu: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows the end user to select their preferred language from a drop down menu under the "Preferences -> Language" tab.
- Two Display Eyefinity: Two Display Eyefinity is now an available option under the Eyefinity tab in Radeon™ Settings.
- AMD Crossfire™ Status Indicator: A new feature in Radeon™ Settings that allows users to toggle an AMD Crossfire™ status indicator on their screen when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Updated Social Links: New Social links are now available for Radeon™ Settings home page and have also updated based on geographical region.
- Power Efficiency Toggle: A new feature introduced in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab for select AMD Radeon™ 300 series and AMD Radeon™ Fury X available under "Global Options". This allows the user to disable some power efficiency optimizations.
- AMD XConnect™ technology: This driver provides initial support for external GPU enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 300 Series GPUs are now supported over Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) connections. AMD XConnect™ technology additionally provides plug'n'play support and an integrated management interface. Base system must have BIOS support for external GPUs (e.g. Razer Blade Stealth).
Be sure to check out AMD's full list of changes, which include a number of resolved issues and known issues you may want to be aware of.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.