Microsoft is now rolling out an update to the Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 for Slow ring Insiders, bringing along a few new noteworthy features. Excel is probably the biggest beneficiary of this update with its new collaborative editing feature, but Word and PowerPoint have received some love as well.
Here's a look at the release notes for Office Insider Slow build 17.8067:
- Collaborative editing (Excel): Work with others at the same time in your workbook.
- Open more files (Excel): You asked for it! You can now open files that contain ink.
- Insert recent links: Easily attach hyperlinks to recent cloud-based files or websites, and create meaningful display names for people using screen readers.
The April update for OneNote also appears to be rolling out to Slow ring testers after having hit the Fast ring just a week ago. Here's a recap of what's new:
- Audio notes: Record a meeting or lecture and keep the recording as part of your notes.
- Easier insertion of files and pictures: Quickly insert files and pictures by dragging or pasting them into your notes.
- Capture your screen: Use the Win+Shift+S keyboard shortcut to capture a region of your screen and then paste it into OneNote or any other app as an image. (Requires the Windows 10 Creators Update.)
- Drag and drop: Keep everything organized with a quick drag and drop of pages or sections into different sections or notebooks.
If you already count yourself as an Office Insider tester on the Slow ring, you can check out all of the latest features in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote by grabbing their updates from the Store now.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
I'm still waiting for CU to come to RPR.
Just move to the Fast or Slow ring and check for updates. No reason to keep on waiting if the bits are gonna be the same.
25. April 2017 is the date the update starts.
I'm on production and Office apps have just been updated.
But different version. 17.7967
Someone got update for microsofts ring tone maker app?
i hope i don't forget Win Shift S shortcut, there's been several times i have had to use snipper tool, but i find that cumbersome. this is great and something i've been wanting for a long time :3
Will this update come to windows phone 8.1?
It is a Windows 10 update so, no. Not coming to Windows 8.1.
Sorry, I have no comments on this article but a complaint over Windows Central website: When I opened this article on Edge, I got redirected to a false Adobe flash update page and a file file automatically started to download and that was not flash player ! Please, Windows Centrale, clean your website !!! Between this and all the ads and stuff loading, CPU, RAM and battery can often tel when I'm browsing on your website and that is not acceptable. PS : Now I have Ghostery instaled and I block everything from windowscentral.com. Game over. Try again.
Oh man, I completly agree with you...windows central is becoming a click bait/ads overloaded/quality content poor web site ... and there is almost no news about windows phone any more -_- so sad. (17 stuffs blocked by AdBlock, 13 by Ghostery on this page ...no wonders why it's slowing down my browsing) There is a cycle of bad articles : - The 5 best laptop you can buy
- The 5 best 2-1 computer you can buy
- The 5 best laptop for students
- The 5 best laptop .... and then it's just about how much stuff you can think about, when the whole list is finished, start again. This exemple is true for laptops but also for wearables, gaming computers, keyboards ... Oh, and one last thing, "INCREDIBLE DISCOUNT on this (insert any windows phone sold more than 4 years ago) case that will protect your device !!"
To be fair they offer an app with zero advertising (Just the odd ad shown in with articles but you can skip those) They can't report Windows Phone news if there's nothing to report either. I agree the website performs badly but unless people will pay they need ads to pay their staff - The app works well though and has none of the slow down the site does.
The app is not performing well for me. (and i don't know why) articles are long to load, some comments don't show up, might need some kind of reset. The general presentation doesn't look good imo and I can't read all the artciles titles to open in new tabs what I want to read, in order to read them in a row. "They can't report Windows Phone news if there's nothing to report either." Sure =) but I still don't want 20 articles about the Galaxy S8 that has nothing "windows" related, just some Office suite apps.
Someday maybe we will get ink in OneNote on WM. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint have a draw feature. OneNote on Android has inking. This has been a peeve of mine since Pocket PC. OneNote was always associated with handwriiting ever since XP Tablet edition. PPCs came with Styluses, and MS has never bothered to support ink in OneNote on any Windows mobile device.
Would make for the PC this package independent from the Office of 365 subscriptions, then it would be norms.
And then tablet makers in OEM firmware make it seem to be hacked and when updating Windows activation is lost.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.