#AskDanWindows Episode 12 - Is Microsoft developing their own version of Android?
It has been a busy week with the Surface and Windows Phone news. So we're back with another #AskDanWindows episode to tackle your questions.
Let's get to it!
#AskDanWindows Episode 12 Questions of the Week
- When can we expect to see ported Android apps on the Windows Mobile store? – Vincent ASPECT
- Recently it was announced that MS will control W10M updates. What does it mean & what difference will it make? - @alyeldiin
- Is Microsoft developing their own Android version as some publications have stated? - @PMFBraga
- Do you know if the recently updated 'Facebook Beta' by Microsoft is the same UWP app they promised? - @MeDicenDobleve
- Once RTM is released for either the PC or phone, is it recommended that you do a fresh install onto the device? Does Microsoft have any suggestions when migrating from Insider to an RTM release? - mdominik13
- Is there a chance that there will be a Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book with built-in LTE? – Kevin W.
- Are there any plans or have you heard anything about a dark colored surface products? – Joe S.
- Do you think that there will be able bundle deals for the Lumia 950 from either AT&T or Microsoft? – Jonathan H.
- Will Windows Hello work for the Kid's Corner/Guest Account for a second user on the 950/XL?- @ltjordan24
- Will there ever be Windows 10 support for cars? - Multiple users
- Which phones camera is better is it 950 or 950XL? - Bhavya P.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a question and as always, thanks for watching!
Don't use Twitter? Well after much feedback we are happy to announce you can forward your questions to AskDan@WindowsCentral.com to submit your requests!
Missed previous episodes? You may be surprised what I have revealed. You can find previous episodes of #AskDanWindows here on the main landing page.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.
Back in build 15, it was mentioned that the windows store will publish Win32 apps. Do you know anything about this and when will the devs start publishing them? Also, can someone link me to the wallpaper showing behind Daniel? Thnx
Windows phone will continue its terminal decline if it cannot close the Apps gap.
Nope running legacy Win32 apps, and Intel based phones are simply too stupid a suggestion to comprehend when the global market has spoken, and moved onto lightweight ARM apps.
N when will they let us android apps on windows 10