Bandsider is the new Microsoft Band social app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile
Microsoft Band owners who also have a Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile device can connect them to each other with the newly-launched Bandsider app. The app, from developer Liquid Daffodil, works with both versions of the fitness wearable.
Here's a quick look at the app's features:
- Send and receive messages directly to and from your Band with other Microsoft Band users!
- Use all sorts of helpful tools like Hydration Alerts, Tile Tweaks, and Locators!
- View maps and general locations of other Microsoft Band users around the world!
- Copy and paste entire themes from other user's devices!
- Participate in Challenges & Competitions with other Band users in your local area, region, or even the entire world!
- Get Tips & Tricks on using the full potential of your Microsoft Band!
- Log your Microsoft Health Summaries to earn badges and challenges!
- Customize your Band with over 1,500 custom themes!
- Add handle tools directly to your Band, like checking your current location!
- ..and so much more!
The Bandsider app does require that users install it first on their Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile device that is paired with their Microsoft Band. After that's done, the app can be installed on up to nine more devices. Bandsider currently costs $1.99 from the Windows Store but the price will be going up later this week or next week to $2.99 when the app is updated with its Challenges & Competitions feature, so you might want to get it now at its lower price.
Download Bandsider from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Can I ask you something?Can you tell me if your MP of your camera really matter?I mean you have a 41 MP are much better than a 13-16-20 or it's more details? Posted from my phone
Keep Calm Because P.A.O.K. You Are
Using My Beastly 1520
"Microsoft Band must be paired to this device. If it's the device that you usually keep paired with your Microsoft Band (like your phone) then you don't need to take further actions." "If you want to play this game on a device to which the Band is usually not paired (e.g. you use your Band with your phone but you want to play on your PC or tablet) you'll have to follow these steps:" "1-COMPLETELY Turn off bluetooth on the device you want to disconnect form" "2-If the device you want to connect to remembers your microsoft Band REMOVE it from the list of Paired devices" "3-On your Band go to Bluetooth settings and click on Pairing" "4-Pair the device with the Band by accepting the pin number" "5-(Optional) only for full Windows 10 devices you should disable power saving settings for your Generic Bluetooth radio, you can find it in the Device Management panel." "6-Start playing! And remember that if two devices paired with the Band have Bluetooth turned on they will make the game disconnect!" And while I'm at it let me promote the game a bit :) , it's called "Horror Fists For Band"
They seem committed to making this even bigger and better. Get it now! :)
- better screen (curved OLED and slightly bigger on 2)
- Gorilla screen (band 1 had a lot of scratch and needed a screen protector)
- Smart vibrating alarm (with repeating for once, workdays, week end etc)
- display time when you rotate / lift your arm (band 1 only "on/off" all the time).
- GPS power saver (battery saving for 4+ hours GPS tracking, for marathon, long walk /bike).
- Auto pause (when you stop running at a traffic light for instance)
- Music control from band (windows phone only?), play , pause, track name, next/previous, volume up/down
- more features to come via firmware upgrade (not anymore for band 1). Main activities ("tiles") you can turn on/off on the band
- Fitness: run (or walk), bike, golf, exercices (log only), guided workout, sleep (with smart alarm on band2)
- "smart watch" feature: Cortana voice control + keyboard (windowns phone), notification, sms, emails, calendar, facebook, facebook messenger and an other notification your phone can receive. The guided workout is a pretty good feature for fitness. https://www.microsoft.com/Microsoft-band/en-us/support/health-and-exerci... From the Microsoft health web dashboard, you can chose from predefined exercices (beginner to advanced, per duration, per type of activities etc) and/or can even create your own combination of exercices (ie chose from a vast choice of exercices (with video showing you how to do it), chose the number of rep, distance, for each etc)... you can save and share your favorites. I created my own from the training plan of the gym... This covers most "cardio" activities (running, walking, rowing, cycling, X trainer etc) and strengh (all upper and lower body with weight, resistance machine or no equipement (your own body weight)). Once done, you sync with your phone (launching the app) and upload the exercice to your band... During the exercices, the band will guide you and record what you are doing, ie number of push up for instance etc). I have been using the band as my main watch since the launch of band1 and never looked back... Initially purchased for its "smart watch", GPS and HR features, it encourage me to get more into fitness and lost weight and gain stamina by the same process... if you are into the "social" fitness aspect, there are some alternative to fitbit which support the band, for instance www.inkin.com Band 2: Highly recommended... Tony