Microsoft Band owners who also have a Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile device can connect them to each other with the newly-launched Bandsider app. The app, from developer Liquid Daffodil, works with both versions of the fitness wearable.
Here's a quick look at the app's features:
- Send and receive messages directly to and from your Band with other Microsoft Band users!
- Use all sorts of helpful tools like Hydration Alerts, Tile Tweaks, and Locators!
- View maps and general locations of other Microsoft Band users around the world!
- Copy and paste entire themes from other user's devices!
- Participate in Challenges & Competitions with other Band users in your local area, region, or even the entire world!
- Get Tips & Tricks on using the full potential of your Microsoft Band!
- Log your Microsoft Health Summaries to earn badges and challenges!
- Customize your Band with over 1,500 custom themes!
- Add handle tools directly to your Band, like checking your current location!
- ..and so much more!
The Bandsider app does require that users install it first on their Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile device that is paired with their Microsoft Band. After that's done, the app can be installed on up to nine more devices. Bandsider currently costs $1.99 from the Windows Store but the price will be going up later this week or next week to $2.99 when the app is updated with its Challenges & Competitions feature, so you might want to get it now at its lower price.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.