Borderlands 3 gets a new Season Pass with Designer's and Director's Cut DLCs
More Mayhem awaits starting this November.
What you need to know
- Gearbox has announced that Borderlands 3 is getting a new Season Pass.
- This Season Pass will include Director's and Designer's Cut DLCs with new game modes and ways to play.
- The Designer's Cut is releasing on November 10 while the Director's Cut will release in the spring.
Borderlands 3 fans can look forward to a lot more mayhem soon. Gearbox has revealed that alongside the launch of the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, Borderlands 3 is receiving a new Season Pass, appropriately dubbed Season Pass 2.
According to the developer, Season Pass 2 will come with two add-ons "unlike anything [they've] done before." The add-ons are being called the Designer's Cut and Director's Cut DLCs, which Gearbox promises will provide new modes and ways to play the game. The Designer's Cut, launching on November 10, will include the previously teased new skill trees for each Vault Hunter along with a new game mode called Arms Race. We'll get our first look at Arms Race during an episode of the Borderlands Show on October 29.
The Director's Cut will follow sometime in Spring 2021, and Gearbox has not revealed what this cut will entail. Only that it will be "bursting with next-level mayhem." The company teased that cross-play may be coming to Borderlands 3 next year, so we could see it drop around the same time.
Borderlands 3 is getting a free upgrade for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S on November 10, and it will support 4K at 60FPS on the former console.
Explore the universe
Loot and shoot your way to riches
Borderlands 3 is getting a new Season Pass by the time the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S launch with Director's and Designer's Cut DLCs. Pick up the Super Deluxe Edition today to get the base game and its first Season Pass.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life, and is very happy Xbox is growing a stronger first-party portfolio. You can find her obsessing over Star Wars and other geeky things on Twitter @JenLocke95.