Borderlands 3 is out and waiting for Vault Hunters across the galaxy to jump in and get started. Whether you're a new player looking to understand each skill tree and character class or an experienced player looking for easy ways to farm legendary weapons and money, we've got you covered with a full list of guides, tips, and frequently asked questions.
In our review, we called Borderlands 3 "the best the series has ever been."
Getting started in Borderlands 3
New to the Borderlands universe? You don't need to feel lost. Each game largely stands on its own, so you'll only need to know a few important terms and characters to stay in the loop. We've also compiled everything you should need to know about each new playable Vault Hunter, their classes, and their skill trees so you can decide who you'd like to play.
- What you need to know before playing Borderlands 3
- Every skill tree and how they work
- Every class and how each is special
- Everything you need to know about FL4K
- Everything you need to know about Amara
- Everything you need to know about Zane
- Everything you need to know about Moze
Borderlands 3 multiplayer
Borderlands is better with friends. Team up with three friends online or have a buddy over for some couch co-op. Players can join a friend's game at any time thanks to a new co-op level scaling system that ensures enemies aren't overpowered or underpowered in your game.
And if your friend has a sweet gun you'd like to have? You can offer to trade them for it or start a duel.
Tips, tricks, and guides
Want to know each and every legendary weapon there is in Borderlands 3? Maybe where to farm the best weapons or how to earn money fast? Look no further. We have everything from beginner's tips to explanations on each gun manufacturer and elemental damages. You'll become the biggest badass in the Borderlands in no time.
- Borderlands 3 beginner's tips
- Best Vault Hunter for solo play
- All legendary weapons in Borderlands 3
- Where to farm the best weapons
- How to level up fast
- How to earn money fast
- How to get anointed gear and what it does
- All weapon types in Borderlands 3
- All weapon manufacturers, explained
- Elemental damage types, explained
- How to get the Eridian Fabricator
- How to translate Eridian writings
- Where to find the One Pump Chump
Frequently asked questions
Do you want to know if Borderlands 3 is ever coming to Steam or which version of the game you should buy? Maybe you need whether or not the game has microtransactions before you decide to support Gearbox. We have all of your questions answered.
- Which version of Borderlands 3 should I buy?
- What comes in the Collector's Edition?
- Can I play Borderlands 3 without playing the other games?
- Does Borderlands 3 have microtransactions?
- Does Borderlands 3 have split-screen couch co-op?
- Will Borderlands 3 be on Steam?
- Does Borderlands 3 support cross-play?
Known bugs in Borderlands 3
What's a game launch without bugs nowadays. Gearbox is hard at work fixing some of the most egregious, but there are some other bugs you may want to know about in the meantime.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.