Bungie expands with Amsterdam office to support new IP in addition to Destiny
Big changes for the road ahead.
What you need to know
- Bungie is expanding its existing office and opening a second office in Amsterdam.
- This expansion is meant to help the team continue the future of Destiny as well as work on a new IP.
- This new IP is expected to arrive before 2025.
While it's best known in recent years for developing the Destiny games and numerous expansions, developer Bungie is looking to expand its efforts. Today, the company announced that it is opening a new office in Amsterdam, while also expanding the existing Washington studio.
As part of these changes, two new board members have been appointed: Trace Harris and Pamela Kaufman, a finance and strategy executive and President of Global Consumer Products for ViacomCBS, respectively. These efforts are being undertaken so that the teams can grow to support the future of the Destiny franchise as well as a new IP, which Bungie hopes to deliver by 2025.
Specific to Destiny, General Manager Justin Truman is taking over Destiny 2 as a whole, while Executive Creative Director Luke Smith will now be looking out for Destiny as it expands into "additional media."
The Beyond Light expansion for Destiny 2 launched back in November 2020, with the Season of the Chosen content kicking off earlier in February. Destiny 2 will continue to expand with new content over 2021, with cross-play expected to arrive later this year.
Wield the Darkness
Welcome to Europa, Guardian...
In Beyond Light, players will encounter a dark Fallen faction, travel to new locations, and go beyond the Light to wield the power of the Darkness.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.