What you need to know
- Chivalry 2, from Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Interactive, is nearing its one-year anniversary after its release.
- To celebrate, the game is launching on Steam alongside a major new content update dubbed "Tenosian Invasion."
- The update brings a ton of new content, including new maps, cosmetics, gameplay objectives, and mounted combat with horses.
- Players will be able to gallop onto the battlefield after Chivalry 2 gallops onto Steam on June 12, 2022.
One of the most memorable game launches of 2021 was Chivalry 2, which managed to deliver brutal, challenging, and surprisingly fun (and funny) medieval-inspired combat through an expansive online multiplayer experience. Since its launch, Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Interactive have released a multitude of content updates and patches, improving the fantastic foundation upon which Chivalry 2 is built. Next month, the title is gaining even more new content — and is launching on a new platform.
As reported by PC Gamer, Chivalry 2 players are about to experience the Tenosian Invasion update, which will add a ton of fresh content to the title. Most notably, Torn Banner Studios is finally delivering on its pre-launch promises by adding horses (and mounted combat) to the game. Here's a quick rundown of what players can expect from Chivalry 2's Tenosian Invasion update:
- Mounted combat. Horses are coming to Chivalry 2, adding a new degree of absurdity to the gore-filled online multiplayer title. Torn Banner Studios put a lot of work into ensuring horses weave in with the rest of Chivalry 2's gameplay, including:
- The full might of Chivalry's combat, but on horse, including reworked special attacks, mounted archery, and anything else you can imagine, including being able to kick with your horse
- Jousting, which utilizes lances (a new, horse-specific weapon) to knock enemy players from their mounts or decimate ground forces
- Increased functionality for barriers and defensive fortifications, which restrict horse movement
- And much more
- New faction. A new faction is joining Chivalry 2, Tenosia, which features unique styles and a new color scheme players can explore and customize.
- New cosmetics. A ton of new cosmetics are being added to the expanding Chivalry 2 library, with inspirations from the Ottoman Empire (represented by in-game Tenosia), The Crusades, and more.
- Four new maps. Two brand-new maps are coming to Chivalry 2 with the update, one of the new maps includes an alternative variant, and an existing map is also gaining a new variant. These maps include:
- The Razing of Askandir, a new objective map featuring a massive library
- The Breach of Baudwyn, a new objective map featuring lots of explosions and gunpowder
- Desert, a Team Deathmatch variant of The Breach of Baudwyn
- The Charge of Wardenglade, which incorporates horses into a Team Deathmatch variant of The Battle of Wardenglade
- Console server browsers. Console players on Xbox and PlayStation can rejoice, as the upcoming update brings PC-exclusive features to both platforms: server browsers and dueling servers.
Tenosian Invasion is clearly a sizeable update for Chivalry 2, but many potential players will undoubtedly be more excited by the other piece of Chivalry news from Torn Banner Studios. After a year of Epic Games Store exclusivity, Chivalry 2 is coming to Steam. Chivalry 2 is already one of the best PC games, but its player base has been somewhat limited by its absence on the largest PC platform. Now, Steam players will be able to experience Chivalry 2 at its very best, after enjoying a year of content updates and improvements.
The "Tenosian Invasion" update for Chivalry 2 will arrive on June 12, 2022, launching simultaneously on every platform on which the game is available, including Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation, and PC through the Epic Games Store and Steam. If it has been a while since you've played, or you're considering jumping in for the first time, our Chivalry 2 beginner's guide has everything you need to hack and slash your way through the battlefield.
New content and new players.
Chivalry 2 is an epic online multiplayer game pitting players against each other in brutal, often-hilarious medieval-inspired combat. After a year of consistent post-launch support, Chivalry 2 is finally launching on Steam, alongside the game's largest, horse-themed update yet: Tenosian Invasion.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.