What you need to know
- The CorelDRAW 2021 lineup is now available on Windows and Mac.
- The graphics suite includes programs for vector illustration, layout and typography, photo editing, and more.
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 includes collaboration features, including live comments and support for integration with Microsoft Teams.
The CorelDraw Graphics suite is a powerful set of apps for creators. Its makers announced the 2021 update for the suite today, which includes several features aimed at collaboration. The new collaboration features include Microsoft Teams integration and live comments. There are also several major feature updates for the Windows and Mac versions of the apps.
In a world where more people are working remotely and apart from each other, it's important to be able to seamlessly work over distances.
While the collaboration features are notable additions, the updates are sizeable across the board.
The makers of the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 highlight a long list of new features and changes:
Time saving, next-generation collaboration makes it possible to connect, keep projects on track, and work together from anywhere – in real time.
- NEW! Dashboard: The dashboard in both CorelDRAW® 2021 and CorelDRAW.app acts as a collaboration hub containing all design files in the cloud, and in a click, displays a preview, the number of comments and team members, and project status. Share designs directly from CorelDRAW 2021 without having to open each file.
- NEW! Live Comments: Reviewers and approvers can now comment on and annotate a document in CorelDRAW.app, with instant feedback appearing in the designer's working file in the CorelDRAW 2021 application on their Windows or Mac system. Sharing notes and comments in real time eliminates slowdowns and accelerates approvals.
- NEW! Microsoft Teams Integration: Enterprise customers can view and edit design files using CorelDRAW.app for Teams. Sign in with a Microsoft 365 corporate user account to create new designs, and collaboratively review designs with team members right inside Teams channels.
All-new, flexible design space allows users to work more efficiently and with greater control over their projects and assets.
- NEW! Multipage View: View, manage, and edit all of your project's digital assets in one view. Move and copy objects across pages, compare designs side-by-side, and freely move pages around to arrange them as you wish.
- NEW! Pages docker/inspector: The Pages docker/inspector lists all pages in a design with a new thumbnail grid view, making it easier to manage and sort your pages. Navigate your projects, add, delete, and rename pages, and with a click, switch display modes to either focus on a single page or use the new Multipage View.
- NEW! Multi-asset Export: Save time with a flexible range of options for outputting pages and objects, plus create a customized list of assets to export with one click. Simultaneously export the same design element at different sizes, resolutions, and file formats – ideal for web and mobile app design tasks – or easily export several items using identical settings. Send pages or objects to multiple industry-standard formats, including PDF.
Advanced illustration features deliver stunning results in record time with precise layout capabilities and innovative tools that simplify complicated workflows.
- NEW! Perspective Drawing: Draw objects or illustrated scenes in perspective, faster and easier than ever. Choose from 1, 2, or 3- point perspective, draw or add an existing group of objects on a shared perspective plane, and move and edit objects freely without losing perspective.
- ENHANCED! Guidelines & NEW Snap to Self: Manage custom guidelines and switch views from world scale to page dimensions with one click. Plus, with Snap to Self, quickly and precisely move and transform design elements with the new ability to turn snapping behaviors on and off.
With progressive photo editing, Corel PHOTO-PAINT™ 2021 delivers a faster, easier route to flawless images that exceed client expectations.
- NEW! Adjustments docker/inspector: Get instant access to the most critical and frequently used filters to work non-destructively, in real time, and in context. Quickly isolate objects and areas within your images using the new Local Adjustments Mode. Plus, save settings for reuse and customize favorite filters to get started right away.
- NEW! Replace Colors: Available in the new Adjustments docker/inspector, Replace Colors allows you to make targeted and polished edits to an image's hue, saturation, and lightness. With this improved color workflow, designers can achieve more natural photo editing results, dramatically faster than before.
- NEW! HEIF support: Take advantage of photos captured on iPhones with High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF) support, now in both Corel PHOTO-PAINT and CorelDRAW 2021.
CorelDRAW is everywhere! Say hello to a true cross-platform experience on Windows, Mac, web, iPad, and other mobile devices.
- NEW! Native support for Apple silicon: CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 for Mac is built to take advantage of the exceptional power and performance of the Apple M1 chip. Plus, enjoy menus, windows and views, fields and labels, buttons, and other UI elements that reflect the latest in macOS Big Sur.
- ENHANCED! Touch-optimized CorelDRAW.app: With a new touch-optimized user experience, the CorelDRAW.app web application expands what's possible on mobile and tablets.
- NEW! CorelDRAW.app for iPad: A new iPad app makes it even easier to design on the go while also letting you review and annotate shared design files from anywhere.
- ENHANCED! Display performance on Windows 10: CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 is optimized to fully leverage your Windows system's GPU to deliver up to 14.6 times smoother panning and 4.4 times smoother zooming.
The CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2021 includes CorelDraw, Corel Photo-Paint, Corel Font Manager, PowerTrace, CAPTURE, and AfterShot 3 HDR. A browser-based version, CorelDraw.app, is also avaialble.
If you'd like to purchase the suite once, it costs $499. You can also choose to get it through an annual subscription which costs $249 per year. A free trial is also available.
Sean Endicott is the news writer for Windows Central. If it runs Windows, is made by Microsoft, or has anything to do with either, he's on it. Sean's been with Windows Central since 2017 and is also our resident app expert. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchased Corel for Windows, then shortly after that switched to a Mac. Unfortunately, unlike Adobe and other software developers, Corel's license is not transferrable to Mac and vice versa and requires a purchase of a new license. No thank you.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.