What you need to know
- Corsair is one of the world's largest PC gaming companies, with keyboards, headsets, mice and more.
- Today, they've announced a new line-up of gaming keyboards, the K60 Pro series.
- The main draw for this line-up is that they use the brand-new Cherry Viola mechanical switches.
- There are four variants available at different price points, depending on what you're looking for.
If you're not already taking advantage of Amazon Prime Day deals on PC gaming components and accessories, you might be interested in the newest line-up of gaming keyboards from PC gaming goliath Corsair. The company announced today their K60 Pro series of keyboards, which feature four different models at varying price points, with one major similarity across the board: the main draw of these keyboards is their use of the new Viola mechanical switches from Cherry, which could be a big deal for the right gamer.
Cherry Viola key switches aim to be self-cleaning and efficient, with a "smooth linear keypress and fast reset," so responsiveness is a big advantage with these new switches. If you're interested, Corsair has a total of four keyboards to choose from featuring the new switches. They're all decidedly mid-range, but there are various price points here if you're looking for something more affordable or more premium.
- Corsair K60 Pro: First we have the standard K60 Pro keyboard, which comes with the new Cherry Viola switches and red LED backlighting across the entire keyboard. Because of the design of the switches and the keycaps, the lights are very visible, so this is a pretty aggressively red keyboard. Gamers who prefer colors other than red will want to look a little farther down the list. The Corsair K60 Pro is available for $80 from Corsair.
- Corsair K60 RGB Pro: If you'd rather have some options other than "very red," you can shell out a little bit more for the RGB variant of the K60 Pro, which is very reasonably priced versus its more affordable companion in exchange for per-key programmable RGB lighting. Of course, all the basic keyboard necessities are also here like dedicated media function keys. Interested buyers can nab the Corsair K60 RGB Pro for $90 from Corsair.
- Corsair K60 RGB Pro Low Profile: If you want all the RGB goodies from the previous keyboard, but in something a little more compact and quick, the LP variant of Corsair's new keyboard might be right up your alley. This keyboard has a lower 11.9mm switch height and quicker actuation, so could be perfect for players looking for the fastest possible performance at this price range. However, the Low Profile variant doesn't seem to quite be available from Corsair yet, so you'll have to wait just a little bit longer.
- Corsair K60 RGB Pro SE: Last but certainly not least, we have the cream of the crop, the apex of Corsair's new K60 Pro line-up: The SE. This is the most premium keyboard available, coming at at a bit more than the standard K60 RGB Pro, in exchange for a detachable magnetic wrist rest, as well as more durable keycaps, or an overall more comfortable and premium experience. You'll have to pay a little extra for the privelage, however, as the Corsair K60 RGB Pro SE is available for $100 from Corsair.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Your Xbox questions answered with #AskJezXbox!
Check out our new video series #AskJezXbox, which takes your questions and comments and puts
SecretLab Titan World of Warcraft Chair Review: Embracing the Horde
SecretLab's refreshed 2020 Series Titan chairs are among the best you can buy. What would happen if you threw in some intricate World of Warcraft iconography? The answer: something special.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.