Bungie today announced the dates for the Destiny 2 PC beta, in addition to recommended PC specs to run the beta itself. PC gamers will officially be able to dive into the beta starting on August 28 for anyone who preordered the game. It will then open up to everyone on August 29 before coming to a close on August 31.
As far as specs are concerned, Bungie listed the minimum and recommended specs, and they don't appear to be too overwhelming. Here's a look:
- CPU: Intel - Core i5-2400 or AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X
- GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970 or AMD - Radeon R9 390
- RAM: 8GB
- CPU: Intel - Core i3-3250 or AMD - FX-4350
- GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB or AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- RAM: 6GB
Keep in mind that the above specs are only applicable to the beta. Additionally, Bungie has provided some sample specs for what will work well with the game if you're planning on upgrading, as well as a look at the specs of the machine it has been using to show the game off at events.
- CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
- GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- CPU - Intel Pentium G4560
- GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
Bungie's Event Machine
- CPU – Intel i7-7700k
- GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
It's worth keeping in mind that these specs could very well change before the game launches on October 24.
The PC version of Destiny will be available as a part of Blizzard's launcher, and you'll need to create or sign in to a Blizzard account to participate in the beta. Bungie says it will have more information, including when players can start preloading the game, in the coming weeks.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.