Multiplayer fans will get to play on nine maps in the upcoming reboot of the DOOM first person shooter series for the Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4. Developer id Software and publisher Bethesda Softworks showed off all nine maps in a new trailer for the game.
Here's what players can expect from DOOM's multiplayer levels:
- Excavation. A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
- Infernal. A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm. This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal. This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it's full of radioactive slime.
- Helix. This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition. Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious. Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave. An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath. Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
Bethesda adds that some of the maps will have some classic first-person shooter features like teleporters, jump pads, radioactive slime and, yes, lava. The closed multiplayer beta test for DOOM will feature two of these levels, Heatwave and Infernal, when it is run from March 31 to April 3. The full game comes out on May 13, with the Xbox One version available to pre-order from the Microsoft Store for $59.99 (opens in new tab).
See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
No reboot can replace the original DOOM and DOOM II games.
.... who says it's meant to replace it?
+1 Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Still it has a doom feel/touch, which is nice
well to be fair if they just re-create the same levels with better enemy placement and modernized everything else... i would say they could :)
Very much looking forward to this. I enjoyed Doom3 and the expansions single player campaign. But it was not like the old doom fast run and gun. This new neeeew doom seems fast like the old doom, but with modern graphics and will still try and scare the "hell" out of you... Or into you? This seems like original doom, doom 3 and brutal doom (play it of you haven't) had a really scary mecha-meat-baby.
"based on true locations"
I need it!
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.