The big Ender Update is finally here for Minecraft's Pocket and Windows 10 editions. With the update, each edition takes a big step forward to version 1.0 and introduces the End Dimension, the Ender Dragon, and much more.
The additions in the Ender Update also take the Pocket and Windows 10 Editions much closer to feature parity with their desktop (Java) cousin. Unfortunately, the Ender Update is only available for iOS and Android devices on mobile at this time, but you can still check it out on your full Windows 10 PC or tablet. Here's a look at what you can expect to be added with the update, from Minecraft.
- The End, End cities, End ships, Ender dragon & all the other >- End goodies
- Ender Pearls
- Eye of Ender
- Ender Chest
- Dragon head
- Shulkers & shulker shells
- Chorus fruit and popped chorus fruit
- End stone & End stone brick
- End poem
- Purpur block, purpur pillar, purpur slab & purpur stairs
- End Rod
- Dragon Egg
- Exit Portal & End Gateway
- Ender charge
- Ability to craft lingering potions in survival
- Ability to craft tipped arrows in survival
- Ability to respawn Jean? the Ender Dragon
- Dragon's breath
- Ender crystals
- 256 world height!
- World seed library
- Igloos & polar bears
- Strongholds now fully implemented and have a chance of spawning in newly generated chunks
- Support for world templates
If that isn't enough, the update also adds in the Festive Mach-Up Pack for 2016. Available for $3.99, the pack adds some new holiday-themed skins and a new snowy world to roam. Check it out in the trailer below.
If you're an avid Minecraft player on either platform, let us know in the comments what you're most looking forward to checking out!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.