What you need to know
- The Epic Games Store is giving some competition to Steam.
- Since it's still relatively new, it's missing a lot of features and refinements.
- The team is changing a lot in the coming months.
- A wishlist and OpenCritic reviews are probably the biggest new features.
Updated January 14, 2020: The Epic Games Store now supports OpenCritic reviews. You can take a look at them when you open any game page.
Ever since the Epic Games Store launched all those months ago, it's been making waves across the gaming industry. However, as is the case with any early launch, it was devoid of a number of features. Luckily, the team is working hard to deliver them to consumers. Today, the company detailed some of the changes they've already made to the Epic Games Store and some that are coming. You can take a look at them all below.
- A new storefront is live where you can see what games are trending, filter by genre, and more.
- You can now use the Epic Games Store within games if you're purchasing microtransactions.
- The Epic Games Store has been optimized to handle higher volumes of traffic.
- The team is working on a wishlist feature.
- The library grid view will continue to get tweaked.
- OpenCritic will provide reviews on the Epic Games Store.
You can read about all of the features in great detail here. Do you use the Epic Games Store? Do you like the experience? Let us know.
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
These are the best PC games to keep your kids occupied
Looking for a PC game or a few for your kid(s)? Need a way to keep them engaged with games that you know are good? Look no further than our comprehensive round-up of our favorite family-friendly games on PC.