If you enjoy using some Facebook features in apps like OneDrive, People and others in Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone, it looks like they won't be available anymore. A new support page shows that, because of a change in the Graph API, Facebook Connect features are no longer available for those apps, along with other services from Microsoft.
Here's what Microsoft has to say:
The support page goes into more detail on what specific apps and services will be affected by this change. Here's the list of apps that will no longer support Facebook Connects features:
- Outlook.com Contacts
- Outlook.com, Windows, Windows Phone and Office 365 Calendar sync
- Windows 8.1 People app
- Windows 8 People app
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Calendar app
- Windows 8 Photo Gallery and Movie Maker
- Windows 8 Photos App
- Windows Phone 7 and 8 People app
- Windows Phone 7 and 8 OneDrive
- Windows Phone 7 and 8 Photos
- Windows Live Essentials Calendar and Contacts
- OneDrive Online
- Outlook Social Connector in Outlook 2013
- Office 365 Outlook Web App
You can check out the support page to see what specific features will no longer be available for each app and service.
Source: Microsoft; Thanks to Pete for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.