What you need to know
- First Surface Earbuds firmware update is available now.
- Improves audio quality, pairing, and overall product stability.
- Can be downloaded using the Surface Audio app.
Microsoft has released a day one firmware update for Surface Earbuds that bring with it improvements to pairing, audio, and overall stability when using the Surface Earbuds. The update was released on May 12, the same day the Surface Earbuds launched, and brings the firmware version number up to 184.108.40.206.
Customers powering on the Surface Earbuds for the first time will immediately see this firmware update available to download. You can install firmware updates using the new Surface Audio app on Windows 10, Android, and iOS. Microsoft says downloading and installing firmware updates can take a while, so make sure your batteries are efficiently charged first.
The full changelog is below:
- Audio quality and stability improvements.
- Pairing and connection improvements.
Surface Earbuds are available now for $199 and are shipping in 24 markets across the globe. Will you be picking up a pair? Let us know in the comments.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.