Stardock announced the next expansion pack for the company's popular space strategy 4X PC game, Galactic Civilizations III called Retribution. In this latest DLC, your civilization has uncovered powerful artifacts, perfected the construction of hypergates, and managed to stumble upon two new major civilizations.
The new artifacts will allow you to gain access to new abilities, hypergates will unlock instant galaxy-wide travel, the technology tree has been overhauled, and extra content for the campaign will be available. Here's what will be included in the expansion pack:
- Artifacts: Powerful items buried on planets across the galaxy will give your civilization instant-access to new abilities.
- Hypergates: Construct powerful gateways that, when linked, allow your fleets to travel even faster across hyperspace.
- New Major Civilizations: The Drath and the Korath are back! The manipulative Drath pull the strings across the galaxy while the Korath rely on extermination. Each has its own set of special abilities, bonuses, and ship parts.
- Cargo ships: No longer do your planets act just as islands in space. Cargo ships can be constructed to deliver goods and services to your other planets to aid in their development.
- New Technology Tree: A top to bottom overhaul of the technology tree adds depth and sharpens the strategic choices in your research options.
- Retribution Campaign: The climactic final battle players have been waiting for. The malevolent Drengin Empire thought humans were soft and peace-loving. They made a terrible mistake that may now end in their extinction.
Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution will be available in Q1 2019.