What you need to know
- Minecraft Live 2022 is setting the internet abuzz with countless Minecraft-related announcements.
- During the event, Mojang Studios revealed more information for Minecraft Dungeons Season 3.
- Dubbed 'Fauna Faire,' the update is very pet-themed, with tons of new content like a new Merchant, The Tower multiplayer, and more.
- Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 Fauna Faire arrives for all players on Oct. 19, 2022 alongside a new Adventure Pass.
Minecraft Dungeons is barely recognizable when compared to the quirky, unique action-RPG Minecraft spin-off that was originally released over two years ago. Mojang Studios and Double Eleven spent their time releasing DLC expansions and adding new content, and the journey isn't ending yet. On Saturday, more details for the next Minecraft Dungeons Seasonal Adventure were revealed.
Minecraft Dungeons Seasons 3 Fauna Faire was already announced a few days prior, but Mojang Studios took to Minecraft Live 2022 to offer a deep dive into all the new content, features, and changes coming to players in the near future. Players still invested in Minecraft Dungeons — or those looking for an excuse to return — should pay close attention to the animal-themed fun arriving with Minecraft Dungeons' third Seasonal Adventure, including:
- Fauna Faire is all about animals. With Minecraft Dungeons Season 3, the entire game will receive a makeover themed around animal mobs. This includes new lighting and decorations in the Camp, a fresh loading screen, and more.
- Plenty of new pets. Of course, you can't have an animal-themed party without animals! Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 will bring a ton of new pets to the game.
- During Minecraft Live 2022, Mojang Studios showed off several new pets, including the adorable Red Panda, Emperor Penguin, Ferret, Racoon, Hedgehog, and Skunk
- Some of the new pets come directly from the now-dead Minecraft Earth
- Animal-themed cosmetics. To wrap up the animal theme, Mojang Studios is also bringing a plethora of unique cosmetics to Minecraft Dungeons.
- Animal-themed skins include onesies and much more
- Flairs and animal behavior emotes let you roleplay as your favorite animal
- New Adventure Pass. Of course, Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 comes with a new Adventure Pass, just like the previous two Seasonal Adventures.
- Players can complete missions and earn Adventure Points through regular play to progress through tiers
- Tiers provide a number of themed cosmetic and other rewards
- All players will have access to free tiers, while the Adventure Pass will unlock exclusive premium tiers
- New Enchantsmith Merchant. Minecraft Dungeons' Camp is gaining a new Merchant to help players maximize their loadouts and achieve new levels of power: the Enchantsmith.
- The Enchantsmith can randomly re-roll enchantments on weapons and armor in exchange for emeralds
- Players can choose which enchantment to re-roll, but have no control over which new enchantment they get
- Players can rescue the Enchantsmith from Highblock Halls
- The Tower gets multiplayer and new content. The Tower is a procedurally generated, multi-level dungeon that begins with every player in a blank character, progressing through the floors to obtain newer and more powerful gear. With Minecraft Dungeons Season 3, it's getting plenty of fresh content.
- The Tower is getting four-player co-op multiplayer, with each player starting with a blank character
- Just like the base game, difficulty will adjust to the number of players and each player will earn exclusive rewards
- The Tower is also getting new floors themed after Windswept Peaks, Cacti Canyon, and The End
- Two new bosses are joining The Tower with the Tempest Golem and Ancient Guardian
- Free Tree Top Tangle mission. All Minecraft Dungeons players will gain access to a free new level with Season 3, dubbed Tree Top Tangle.
- Tree Top Tangle can be found in the jungle biome, added in the Jungle Awakens DLC expansion
- The level takes place around a giant, ancient tree, and contains exclusive new gear
- In the level, players can find and earn the Soul Totem of Casting artifact, the Root Rot armor, and the Unique Black Spot armor
- Sweeping balance changes and improvements. Mojang Studios has been collecting community feedback to deliver a huge swathe of balancing changes with Minecraft Dungeons Season 3.
- Plenty of artifacts, weapons, and armor will be balanced, with a focus on buffs rather than nerfs
- Many enchantments will enjoy tweaks and adjustments
It's clear that Minecraft Dungeons' Fauna Faire update is packed with promising additions for players to explore, and continues to improve what is already one of the best games on Xbox. There's a lot here for players intending to purchase the premium Adventure Pass and aim for perfect completion, those interested in pets and other free content, and those looking for some sweet new online co-op action. Minecraft Dungeons Season 3 Fauna Faire officially arrives on Oct. 19, 2022, for all platforms where Minecraft Dungeons is available.
Additionally, Mojang Studios detailed the return of Spooky Fall, a collaboration between Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, that's arriving on Oct. 26, 2022. The event will include some exclusive challenges and rewards, like the Hungriest Horror and Cloaked armor sets. There will also be a Minecraft Dungeons Heroes Skin Pack available across both games, making it the first ever skin-pack cross-over between Minecraft Dungeons and vanilla Minecraft.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition
Players who wish to explore everything Minecraft Dungeons has to offer before tackling seasonal content should look no further than the Ultimate Edition, which includes all previously released DLC expansions at one great price.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Minecraft Dungeons is available through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, making Microsoft's subscription service the best place to gain access to everything Minecraft. You can also take advantage of sweet discounts on Minecraft Dungeons DLC.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.