What you need to know
- Microsoft has officially confirmed the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan branding with an official webpage.
- Prior to this, the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan branding leaked.
- The Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan is currently in testing across Ireland and Colombia.
Shortly after the branding for Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family plan leaked online, we've got confirmation that's the branding that Microsoft is going with.
Earlier in 2022, Windows Central reported that Microsoft was moving ahead with an Xbox Game Pass family plan. Microsoft then confirmed these plans in August 2022, revealing that a family plan option would be entering testing in Ireland and Colombia.
Recently, branding images leaked that indicated the service would be called Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family, branding that is confirmed by the official webpages that are now live.
The Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan allows up to five players to join together, with one main account and up to four other players being invited in. Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family includes all the benefits of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, including Xbox Live Gold and EA Play.
In the official FAQ for the service, Microsoft laid out what kind of time a player will get if they have an existing subscription when upgrading to the Friends & Family plan.
- 30 days Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will turn into 18 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days Xbox Game Pass will turn into 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days PC Game Pass will turn into 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days Xbox Live Gold will turn into 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days EA Play will turn into 6 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
There's currently no timeline for when the service will be available elsewhere, though Microsoft does note that it may enter testing in other countries and regions as time goes on.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.