Grand Theft Auto 6 details allegedly leak, inspired by Netflix's Narcos
The leaks begin.
What you need to know
- Grand Theft Auto VI details may have leaked.
- The game is reportedly targeting next-generation hardware.
- It may be inspired by Netflix's Narcos and focuses on both sides of the drug trade.
- The title may launch sometime between 2021 to 2023.
Grand Theft Auto V is regarded as one of the best games ever made and has sold more than 100 million copies to retailers. Despite the fact that Rockstar's latest venture, Red Dead Redemption 2, is available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, fans of the franchise want to know when they can get their hands on Grand Theft Auto VI.
According to a report by GamesRadar+, an interesting leak has surfaced on Reddit which could have some credibility. As always, take this with a grain of salt until we receive official confirmation. We've summarized the main points below.
- Grand Theft Auto VI has been in development since 2012.
- It's called "Project Americas" at the moment.
- It takes place in Vice City and an unnamed Brazilian city.
- It's not as realistic as Red Dead Redemption 2.
- The game starts off around 1970 and you have to work your way up a drug cartel.
- Weather is a major part of the game.
- The buildings, economy, and vehicles change over the course of the game.
- For example, weapons and other items will become more expensive as time goes on.
- There are a number of characters and you follow the story from the perspective of the police and criminals.
- The police sections are a lot like L.A. Noire while the criminal sections require you to build your empire in a sandbox fashion.
- It's apparently inspired by Netflix's Narcos which deals with the Colombian drug trade.
- It's only coming to PlayStation 5 and Microsoft's "Project Scarlett."
- The game may launch between 2021 to 2023.
Hopefully, the leak is real and the game will be as spectacular as it sounds. However, only time will tell. Given that it's allegedly targeting next-generation machines, maybe the frame rate will be 60 frames per second this time around.
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.