Grounded releases 0.6.1 patch update, fixes crashing and save issues
A new update to make it even better.
What you need to know
- Grounded is an open-world survival game that's currently in early access on PC and Xbox consoles.
- The game is unique in that players are shrunk down to the size of insects and forced to survive in a suburban backyard.
- A new patch update is now rolling out for Grounded's early access in the form of patch 0.6.1.
- The update fixes some crashes, save issues, and adds new audio for the recently added flying insects.
Grounded is closing out Monday with a bang by releasing the first patch update for the recently-released January Content Update. That update was notable for adding the much-anticipated flying insects to Grounded like mosquitoes, fireflies, and even bees. Now, patch update 0.6.1 is rolling out to Grounded's early access on Xbox consoles and PC with a series of bug fixes and one small addition.
The headline features in this modest patch includes additional audio for flying insects, resolutions for a handful of crashes, and a few fixes aimed at save issues.
Grounded isn't out in full yet, but it already looks set to dominate our list of Best Survival Games for Xbox when it does.
The full changelog for Grounded's 0.6.1 patch update includes:
- Added additional audio for the new flying creatures
Top community issues
- Included a fix for saves that are in a broken quest state for the Pond Quest
- Fixed a crash issue that dealt with inventory improperly syncing for storage containers on clients
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused players to crash when looking at buildings that were still under construction
- Added a fix for an occasional crash that could happen when a creature spawns inside of a trap
Items / equipment / resources
- Fixed an issue where Crow Feathers and Hedge Berries occasionally failed to save correctly
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.