After a lengthy first season, Halo Infinite Season 2 has finally gone live. The season introduces two new maps and three new game modes to the Halo Infinite multiplayer experience, and also includes plenty of new cosmetics for players to earn as they relentlessly slay each other. Unfortunately, the launch of Season 2 has also brought several new bugs and glitches to the game, and many of these will undoubtedly affect the gameplay experience negatively until the developers are able to develop fixes for them.
Now that the new season is live for all players across the globe, we've prepared an extensive list of all known issues and bugs present in Halo Infinite Season 2, as well as any available workarounds that can be used to mitigate or solve some of these problems. While official fixes are needed to make these issues go away completely, many of them can be avoided or dealt with if you know what to look out for and what to do if you encounter them.
Halo Infinite Season 2 bugs and issues: Global
These issues will affect players in the Halo Infinite campaign as well as its multiplayer. While there aren't many global issues with Halo Infinite in Season 2, one of the bugs can be particularly troublesome.
- Speed lines are always visible, even when disabled in the Settings menu.
- When the blue loading banner is visible in near the bottom of a menu, cancelling that active load by navigating to another mode's lobby may result in the game entering an unresponsive state.
- Workaround: Wait until the active loading is complete then exit out of the gameplay via the pause menu. If you enter this unresponsive state, close and relaunch Halo Infinite.
Halo Infinite Season 2 bugs and issues: Multiplayer
The bulk of Season 2's bugs and issues stem from Halo Infinite's multiplayer, which is likely due to the fact that the multiplayer was changed significantly more than the campaign was with the launch of the new season. Most of these issues are relatively minor, though a few of them are pretty nasty.
- On Xbox One consoles and some PCs, various pieces of Sigrid Eklund's armor are black. This issue also occurs in the preview tile of Eklund's armor kit in the Armor Hall menu.
- In multiplayer matches on PC, audio may briefly cut out in areas of the map with a large amount of players or bots.
- When playing Last Spartan Standing and Free-For-All (FFA) Attrition modes in Custom Games, Observers will count as "enemies" on the mini-scoreboard located in the bottom center of the Heads-Up Display (HUD). The match will also not end as expected when all players are out of lives. The host of the session will need to end the match from the pause menu.
- Setting the Danger Zone toggle to Off when setting up an Elimination Custom Game does not disable the Danger Zone in-game.
- When the Match Intro Cinematic is disabled in a Custom Game with multiple rounds, the heads-up display (HUD) will not be visible after the first round.
- Players will be removed from a Custom Game lobby after completing a match then, once back in the Custom Games lobby, loading a saved game variant and changing match options. The removed player may still see the lobby menu and players in the lobby may still see the removed player in the lobby, but the match will not start after pressing Play.
- Workaround: Recreating the Custom Game lobby may resolve this issue, and the removed player may need to close and relaunch Halo Infinite.
- Players are unable to respawn in Free-For-All (FFA) Custom Games on Breaker.
- Players who left an in-progress match will be listed as active viewpoints for the entirety of that match's Theater film. Switching to this player's perspective after they left the match will prevent further changes to the camera's viewpoint.
- Workaround: Players can use the film's timeline to view an earlier part of the film and change to another player's perspective.
- When playing Last Spartan Standing in splitscreen, the XP counter is not visible for all players. When this occurs, XP is still being counted and leveling up to the next loadout will still work as expected.
- The Equip Battle Pass button is present on completed Battle Passes but does not function. Only incomplete Battle Passes can be equipped.
- Preview tiles for Battle Pass rewards and the Event menu may take up to two minutes to load after completing an online multiplayer match or watching a cinematic. In some cases, the preview tiles for Battle Pass rewards may fail to load.
- Workaround: The images should refresh after completing another online match or closing then relaunching Halo Infinite.
- The Challenges, Battle Pass, Customize, and Shop menus may take up to three minutes to load, and may take even longer in some instances.
- Workaround: Complete an online multiplayer match or lower the Maximum Frame Rate option in the Video settings menu.
- Customization items awarded via Season 2's upcoming in-game Events or included in future Shop bundles appear as "currently unavailable" and "released during Season 2." A future update will clarify which items are tied to Events or Shop bundles.
- When viewing the Legacy of War armor effect in the Armor Hall menu, the camera does not move to better show the effect on the Spartan's legs.
- The text chat box will not scroll down to the latest message when Speech-to-Text (STT) is enabled.
- When using the User Interface (UI) Narration feature, only the first line of the multiplayer scoreboard is narrated.
- When navigating the Ranked Arena playlist menu with a mouse and keyboard, the Estimated Wait tooltip can be replaced by tooltips related to other menu options.
- Workaround: Use the arrows keys to navigate down to the Play button and the Estimated Wait tooltip will re-appear.
- In the Ranked Arena playlist menu, changing the Ranked Queue type does not update the Estimated Wait tooltip.
- Workaround: Navigate back to the Playlist menu and re-enter the Ranked Arena playlist menu to see the correct Estimated Wait.
- Xbox consoles using the Instant-on system setting or the Quick Resume feature may encounter the "Multiplayer is Unavailable" error when entering with Halo Infinite via these methods.
- Workaround: Close and relaunch Halo Infinite to reconnect to online services.
- On Xbox Series X|S consoles, the Target Frame Rate option in the Video settings menu features the ability set a cap of 30Hz. Selecting this option will work as expected, however, gameplay will revert to 60Hz after the next relaunch of Halo Infinite.
- Workaround: To maintain the 30Hz cap, the Target Frame Rate option will need to be set to 60Hz and then back to 30Hz every time the game is launched.
- When attempting to quickly enter gameplay, Xbox One consoles may not load into matchmaking sessions or Custom Games.
- Workaround: This issue occurs less often if all main menu content is allowed to load before entering a matchmaking search or Custom Game lobby.
- Players on Xbox One S and Xbox One X consoles should not experience this issue.
- The Mouse and Zoom Sensitivity options do not scale properly between the different Zoom Level options.
Halo Infinite Season 2 bugs and issues: Campaign
Though it wasn't changed much with the Season 2 update, several new issues have cropped up in the Halo Infinite campaign. Thankfully these problems aren't very severe, though some of them may force you to restart missions or may cause progress loss.
- On Xbox consoles, players who have purchased Halo Infinite's campaign digitally may be erroneously prompted to purchase it again in-game.
- Workaround: Close and relaunch Halo Infinite to access the campaign.
- If you are unable to enter the campaign menu after closing and restarting Halo Infinite multiple times, please submit a ticket and include your console's OS version. To find your console's OS version, open the Settings menu on your Xbox console, navigate to the System tab of the Settings menu, and select the Console Info button in the System menu. The console's OS version will be listed in the Console Info menu.
- Selecting Restart Mission in the pause menu may prompt players to restart active side missions (such as Banished Outposts or High Value Targets). This option will not reset side mission objectives as expected, but the player's position will revert to a recent checkpoint and enemies near the side mission will respawn.
- The Drop Wall equipment may respawn rather than despawn if it is taking damage at the same time as its cooldown timer resets. The Dropwall will correctly despawn if another Dropwall is deployed.
- Progress earned in a save file can be inadvertently overwritten or, in some cases, corrupted by forcing Halo Infinite to close during active gameplay then loading a different save file on the next launch.
- Workaround: Do not use close the game via outside methods (such as Task Manager on PC or powering off the PC/console) while in active Campaign gameplay. Use the pause menu to return to the main menu then close Halo Infinite as preferred.
Halo Infinite multiplayer is available now for free on Xbox and PC, and while it hasn't had the greatest start, it has the potential to grow into one of the best Xbox shooters ever made.
The legend returns
Halo Infinite's campaign promises fans the most expansive Halo experience to date, featuring a campaign with a dynamic open world brimming with stories to uncover and a thrilling free-to-play multiplayer with various different types of game modes and rewards. It's a modern masterpiece that's familiar, yet fresh, in all the right ways.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.