As with all new Insider Preview builds for Windows 10, build 14366 includes a fresh list of fixes and known, lingering issues. Thankfully, the list of fixes far outnumbers the list of known issues with this latest release.
Here's a rundown of the improvements and fixes in the latest build:
- For you mes amis: If you have a French Windows 10 Insider Preview build installed on your PC, you should receive this build as we have fixed the issue with the French translation process that caused a lot of text to revert from French back to English.
- Navigating to the Privacy pages in Settings app will no longer crash the Settings app and prevent you from adjusting your privacy settings.
- We have fixed the issue causing PC and Mobile devices trying to project to a PC (via the new PC Access feature) to fail.
- We fixed the issue where Start would not launch while an app is installing for certain languages, such as Chinese or Portuguese (Brazil).
- We've updated the size of the Windows Ink Workspace icon in the notification area on the taskbar to be more consistent with the other notification area icons. In a similar drive to improve the consistency of our experience, we've updated the X to leave the Windows Ink Workspace which will now show a red state when you hover over it. We also fixed an issue where mouse wheel scrolling wouldn't work to spin the ruler with certain mice, and an issue where dismissing the share pane or accepting the prompt to enter tablet mode would result in exiting the Windows Ink Workspace.
- We have updated Cortana search results, so now when you right-click on a .docx file, you'll see a context menu option to open that file's location.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the monitors in under Settings > System > Display from sometimes jumping to a different ordering after being clicked and causing scaling changes. We also fixed an issue where the slider to change display scaling might jump to an unexpected scale factor as you were moving it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to unsnap a full screen Remote Desktop window if you had been prompted credentials while connecting.
- We fixed an issue when the tile names could become cut off after using semantic zoom, and one where Start tiles could no longer be moved with touch.
- In an effort to improve visibility and access to your newly installed apps, we have moved the "Recently added" section of Start to be located above the "Most used" section in the All apps list. We've also increased the duration of time in which apps will be listed here – now 7 days, so you can easily try them out and decide if you want to pin them to Start or the taskbar for regular use and quick access.
- We fixed an issue where an active VPN connection could block the PC from going from idle into sleep.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard might appear on the Lock screen after pressing the Num-Lock key on the keyboard.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge using a large amount of CPU when open to a page with many animated gifs, as well as an issue resulting in certain captchas not displaying correctly.
- From this build on your default location will now be preserved across build updates.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nothing happening if you attempted to expand a Skype notification in Action Center. We also fixed an issue where the scrollbar would draw with no margin from the chevron and X in Action Center notifications, and one where app logos might be missing from the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the cursor not showing up when interacting with the system using a Wacom tablet.
- We fixed an issue where the Settings app could open to a blank page after selecting a settings page via search results.
- We fixed an issue where the File Explorer window might navigate back to Quick Access after deleting something from the current folder in view. We also fixed an issue where right-clicking on the desktop might result in showing a spinning curser for a long time before the context menu would show.
- We fixed an issue resulting in existing reminders failing to display in the Cortana UI, and an error when attempting to save a new reminder.
- We have updated the Mobile Hotspot settings page to allow name, IP address, and mac address to be selectable so it can be copied elsewhere if needed.
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout might not report the correct overall charging state for devices with two batteries.
- We fixed an issue where the title bars of apps using dark theme wouldn't be dark when the window was not in focus, for example, Groove Music or Settings app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in you sometimes seeing a progress indicator before the background image would load on the Lock screen.
And here's the brief list of known issues in this build:
- The Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) will fail to run on the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366. If you are a developer utilizing the converter tool to convert your desktop app to UWP, we suggest skipping Build 14366 or switching to the Slow ring until we can fix this issue.
- If you click on a file download link outside of Microsoft Edge, sometimes Edge will open a tab and close it without doing anything. The workaround is to go to the Download pane and start the download there by clicking "Save" or "Save As".
- Narrator does not launch when you toggle switch to "on" via Settings app > Ease of access > Narrator.
Have you downloaded the latest build yet? If so, let us know what you think in the comments!
I got int on SP2 Pro. One issue that keeps popping up is the lose of some touch elements in Edge, Firefox and Chrome. I can navigate withing the pages, but I'm unable to close/open new tabs for several seconds..then it starts working. All 3 browsers are currently doing that for me. Anyone else has that issue?
I wish Mobile was released already. Oh well, installing on my PC. I'll wait for Mobile in the next few days.
The edge/animated gif bug is a major plus for mobile - a single excessively long gif like on imgur would cause the browser to basically die - either hang with the gif rendering at 1/30th speed, or the browser would crash and you'd be returned to Start. I don't even care if we get this specific build now, I'm just glad knowing this bug is fixed.
Agreed. I'm also hoping for some keyboard improvements. The keyboard has been a major sticking point for me lately. Windows Central for Windows 10-Microsoft Lumia 640
New Mobile Preview (14364) is on Fast Ring now. This site is just a little slow today to report it.
Sweet! Installing now! Hopefully the mobile version gets released this week too. :-) will be waiting patiently.
Mobile Preview 14364 is on Fast Ring now.
Just starting the install
Sweet jesus. This insider **** is killing me. Bluescreened the vivotab and now needs a system restore. Happened while installing old network adapter drivers as windows update had removed the working ones..
Just tried to play the XB1S hands on video using the new build and got a big ol error. Anyone else? Played fine on my SP3 though. it may be a Radeon Driver issue. Weird.
I've never installed the insider previews. When upgrading from one to another, is it equivalent to doing a new install?
No. All your files, programs, and most of your settings carry through. Posted via my MotoE2
Yes and no. It carries your profile over so it otherwise feels the same. But it is essentially an upgrade. I need to reconfigure my sound card each time and a few other things. Given that it is only a month away - you're probably better off waiting for the less buggy version to be released.
Not as long as a complete install
I am trying to think of a good use case for projecting my phone to my laptop...... can't really think of any
Well now that SMS messages are sync' and notifications are also beginning to be sync'd (universal dismiss is more useful than the Cortana cross integration) there is probably fewer cases this would be required.
Wish they fixed the issue where my wireless keyboard gives insane keyboard lag randomly to the point of being unuseable.
God I thought this was just me!.. Mine also gets "stuck" repeating one letter sometimes.
Yeah seems others have issue too when looking at windows feedback. It's almost time for release and this is the most annoying thing ever. It they can't fix it I'm not sure what my course of action would be. I am only dealing with it because it's beta at this point.
Mobile build 14364 is available now ...
yea downloading it now ! apparently the MSFT blog hasnt been updated though
It's been updated as long side with build 14366 for PC. They mentioned mobile build 14364 at the bottom with what's new...
Plz add pin feature to messaging and add some different lock screens
This build is alot faster is my first take, start, and notifications are noticebly faster and more crisp
My Spotlight lock screen photo hasn't been updating lately. Anyone else?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.