Here's what's fixed and what's broken in Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14356
Microsoft has released a list of what's been fixed, and what issues remain, in the just launched Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14356 for Insiders in the Fast ring.
Here is the long list of bug fixes in the build, according to Windows Insider head Dona Sarkar:
- We fixed an issue that was resulting in high battery usage when using the Microsoft Health app.
- We fixed an issue where the 75-85% battery icon was not very accurate, and made it look like you had more battery left than you actually did.
- We updated the UI for rearranging Quick Actions in the Settings app to now show a visual confirmation of readiness on press and hold, and to show the other Quick Actions reflowing while you're dragging the Quick Action to its new spot.
- The Settings app will no longer crash when you are re-arranging Quick Actions resulting in the loss of Quick Action slots.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Brightness Quick Action to appear missing.
- We updated thumbnail generation logic to now only create the small thumbnail automatically after taking a picture, and create a larger thumbnail on demand. This saves SD card space for people who take a very large number of photos.
- We have made improvements to the Glance screen. We fixed an issue that resulted in the Glance screen clock occasionally not being up to date. The Glance screen will now "Always show Glance screen when charging" as the default behavior. And we fixed an issue resulting in Glace screen possibly showing an unexpected and extremely large badge count.
- We fixed an issue where the Alarms & Clock app might not update corresponding to a time zone change, resulting in an alarm going off at the wrong time.
- We fixed an issue where the Camera app wouldn't launch from the hardware key for certain devices if the Flashlight Quick Action was active.
- We decreased the size of icons used in notifications from 64×64 to 48×48 – maintaining the visibility, while improving the use of space in the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where the solid black rectangle of the keyboard could sometimes be seen for a second after entering your pin on the Lock screen to unlock your device.
- We fixed a few issues causing the keyboard not to come up with various UWP apps like the Messaging app, Microsoft Edge, and Cortana.
- We fixed an issue where diversity emoji might show up as two characters (emoji and diversity modifier) in certain apps, including Messaging.
- We updated backup logic to also include Start tile transparency percent, so that backups created from Build 14356 onwards will restore preferred transparency.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in PCs failing to connect to the phone's mobile hotspot with the error "Can't set up network".
- We have updated app names on Live tiles to now reflect Ease of Access' Text Scaling setting.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Brightness Quick Action not doing anything on certain devices after setting brightness to "automatic" in the Settings app.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in Groove crashing when swiping to open the hamburger menu.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in the Settings app sometimes freezing for a bit when moving a very large number of apps to a SD card.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in Continuum having extremely fast scrolling inertia with certain TVs.
- Fixed an issue where Glance screen might show stale badge counters for a few seconds immediately after Glance appeared
- We have updated the Mobile Hotspot settings page to give clearer error messaging when setting up a hotspot fails due to no SIM being connected.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Reminders not showing up at the correct time after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that would result in Cortana not showing any results if you started the mic and didn't say anything, and then typed out the query.
- We improved the reliability of Cortana listening after tapping the mic button.
- We improved the refresh time of Wi-Fi data usage breakdown under Settings > Network and wireless > Data usage so it will more quickly update to reflect your usage when you open the page.
- We fixed an issue where the navigation bar buttons for certain devices might be mapped incorrectly when the phone was locked leading to press and hold on back button invoking one-handed mode, and press and hold on Windows button invoking search.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in not being able to turn off Bluetooth above the Lock screen without entering your pin.
- We fixed an issue where certain apps, such as WhatsApp, were not displaying a detailed status on the Lock screen.
There is also a brief list of known issues in the build:
- We are continuing to investigate battery life issues impacting certain devices. We have fixed a few bugs that improve battery life but we have more work to do here.
- We are investigating data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn't work correctly with a second SIM. Several issues relating to cellular data with Dual-SIM devices have been reported by Insiders with the last two Mobile builds and we're investigating these reports.
- In some cases, the new Cortana features highlighted above may not work. Restarting your phone should fix the issue and get the features working
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Then i put the dock and keyboard on the desk and plugged it to the projector. I started the excel with ToDos from last time. Eye went bigger and bigger. Then i started our app (full UWP Client) and after some connection issues to the test server (damn Firewall ...) and showed them some demo how their process could work. I took my Lumia out of the dock, and said "and now we continue in the warehouse, to check some stock directly there". Now I'm afraid they won't let me go with the dock :-(
Weird how the US has ditched WP but in the rest of the world it was gaining traction nicely, yet all efforts go into the US market ignoring the rest of us.
Maybe MS should reverse roles, focus on the rest of the planet who do give a fk and put the US in the too hard basket, no offence intended.
Would get much greater traction if they did.
Seems a case of the 80/20 rule applying here.
As you see, it isn't a good use scenario beyond asking her to so thing or searches.
Besides, Spanish Cortana is pretty close for me, but my complaint goes beyond my needs, even when with Spanish Cortana I end up having to pay apps in euros, which is more expensive than my country's currency
plus the store is then in US dollars and doesn't function correctly.
How about they just fix the damn phones!!
Biggest problem is typing, compared to 8.1, 10 guesses and inserts the wrong word 9 times out of 10, makes for frustrating typing.
From MS Lumia 435
The issue is when you have two sim sometimes the cellular data will not work and the setting will also hang and crash. If you are using only one sim it will work just fine From MS Lumia 435
Present: Lumia 950 & 950XL (fast ring)
Maybe it is time to try it out?
Still no USB Audio Class 2 support.
SMS to vehicle handsfree system still broken (afaict).
WiFi N band connectivity issues still exist (950XL).
*sigh* Seriously, at this stage of W10M we should be reading "Here what's fixed. Period.", not "here's what's broken in addition to...".
Last night i let it at 70% in the morning after 6 hours it was down to 45%. Need to fix this asap MS :)
If anyone is thinking of using this plizz don't. I repeat DO NOT upgrade to this build 14356. There's are so many issue that could make you smash your phone on the ground. Talking of apps freezing and not working. Everytime I use phone app it will have to freeze the phone at the end of the call. Lemme list for you the apps that ain't opening and if they do then they wont load and if the load then they will shut down in seconds and if they don't shut down then they will freeze the phone and you have to reboot it. Ok here's the list;
And many more but those are the major apps i use. I can't wait for another build. Am now using windows 8.1 on my old Lumia 930 that got a battery damage dues to these updates