How to connect your Oculus Touch controller to the Rock Band guitar
How do I use a guitar with Rock Band VR?
Rock Band VR is ready to put you in the limelight, but before you begin you need to connect your guitar with your Oculus Touch controller. Not exactly sure where to start? Here's everything you need to know so that you can start rocking the minute the curtain lifts.
- See Touch Controllers at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See Rock Band VR with guitar at Amazon (opens in new tab)
What you need before you begin
According to the official Rock Band VR website, the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One guitar controllers are both compatible. While they use different technology to connect to your PC — PS4 controller uses Bluetooth and Xbox One controller uses the wireless adapter for Windows — the steps required to get everything physically set up are the same.
Other than the guitar controller, you'll also need Oculus Touch controllers and the connector for the guitar controller. The connector came with your Touch controllers and can be found in the small box on the inside lid of the Touch case.
To recap, you need:
- Rock Band guitar (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One compatible)
- Oculus Touch right-hand controller
- Oculus Touch Rock Band connector
- Microfiber cloth
How to connect your Touch controller to the Rock Band guitar
Now that you have everything you need close by, you can begin.
- Wipe the back of the guitar's head with a microfiber cloth to remove any dust or oils.
- Peel the sticker backing off of the Touch connector.
- Line up the holes on the guitar with the nubs on the Touch connector.
- Apply pressure to the connector so that it sticks in place.
- Pull the right-hand Touch controller's lanyard through the connector.
- Slide the right-hand Touch controller's ring over the head of the guitar.
- Secure the right-hand Touch controller in the connector.
- Place the lanyard around the head of the guitar.
- Tighten the lanyard to ensure the controller does not fall off.
You're now ready for some serious rocking! Let us know in the comments section whether or not you plan on becoming a rock star with Rock Band VR.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Cale Hunt is formerly a Senior Editor at Windows Central. He focuses mainly on laptop reviews, news, and accessory coverage. He's been reviewing laptops and accessories full-time since 2016, with hundreds of reviews published for Windows Central. He is an avid PC gamer and multi-platform user, and spends most of his time either tinkering with or writing about tech.