Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an incredibly challenging game, and a lot of the time you have to either upgrade skills or purchase items from vendors. However, the most difficult part of the title has to be the boss battles. A lot of the enemies attack rather slowly so it's not an issue, but sometimes you run into exceptions like Long-arm Centipede Giraffe.
Long-arm Centipede Giraffe is hiding at the bottom of the Sunken Valley. Luckily, there's a Sculptor's Idol right before the tunnel that leads to his lair. He's the next boss after you pass the Old Grave region of Ashina Castle. Just like Long-arm Centipede Sen'un, the only way to defeat him easily is to constantly block and build up the deflection meter. Using Gokan's Sugar also helps as it reduces your Posture damage, but it's not necessary. However, throwing a Firecracker to reduce your deflection damage is necessary from time to time.
You can follow the steps below to easily beat him in about a minute after you've initiated the fight. Unlike Long-arm Centipede Sen'un, you can't sneak up behind him so you'll have to kill him twice to deplete both health bars.
- Run directly to Long-arm Centipede Giraffe and wait for him to start attacking you.
- Just like Long-arm Centipede Sen'un, you have to keep on mashing the Left Bumper (LB) to deflect all of his attacks.
- Once in a while, he'll do a sweeping attack you can't block. This will be indicated by the giant red characters that flash on the center of your screen. To avoid this attack, you have to jump up.
- Continue pressing LB again and again, as fast as you can, so you block all of his attacks.
- If you take too much damage, you can throw a Firecracker to distract Long-arm Centipede Giraffe and heal or do some more damage to him. We would recommend taking this opportunity to heal or recover Posture.
- Long-arm Centipede Giraffe's deflection meter doesn't go down easily so you can take a little break once in a while to heal or recover Posture.
- You have to repeat this process twice because he has two health bars. There is no way to sneak up behind him to deplete one health bar.
- Only press the Right Bumper (RB) if you have an opening or want to deliver the finishing blow. Using RB to attack will only allow Long-arm Centipede Giraffe to hurt you.
- Killing Long-arm Centipede Giraffe will grant you crafting materials and another Prayer Bead used to increase health.
It took us quite a while to figure out how to beat this boss, but once we did, it was rather easy. Hopefully this walkthrough will help you just as it helped us.
- Best ways to farm experience in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- How to beat Long-arm Centipede Sen'un in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
In our review, we said, "It's definitely harder than Dark Souls, but the sense of satisfaction you feel after defeating powerful titans is a reward in itself. The more you play, the stronger you become. The story and gameplay take you in new directions, but Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice's difficulty may limit its appeal. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, it lacks multiplayer so you can't summon allies to help you."
Reclaim your honor
The beginning of a new franchise
In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you are a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on the perilous quest, not even death itself.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.