After a couple of days worth of teasing, the HTC Arrive -- aka the HTC 7 Pro -- has, erm, arrived on Sprint! It'll officially go on sale March 20 for $199.99 (after two-year contract and $100 rebate). And that's not a bad price for the tilting, sliding phone. And best of all, it'll have the cut-and-paste update on board when you pull it out of the box. Can't beat that.
Other features of note:
- 3.6-inch touchscreen at 480x800
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor
- 16GB of internal memory
- 1500mAh battery
- 5MP camera with flash and 720p recording
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
- Wifi b/g/n
- And all the usual Sprint customizations and WP7 features.
Full specs and the presser are after the break, and there's more at Sprint. Who's gonna pick this one up?
Glance-and-go when it matters most
The HTC Arrive™ smartphone is the first device from Sprint based on Windows Phone 7. It offers an innovative design with a sliding full QWERTY keyboard and tilt-up display and provides an incredible experience leveraging well-known Microsoft services, like Microsoft Mobile Office, Zune and Xbox LIVE.
Windows Phone 7 features Hubs for quick and easy access to the user’s most valuable content, including People, Pictures, Games, Music & Video, Office and Marketplace. Additionally, the Start screen is customizable with Live Tiles that come to life with real-time updates. Depending on the app, the Live Tiles might show pending messages and appointments, news and weather, or game and friend status – all continuously refreshed by the Web.
- Windows Phone 7 with a unique Start screen and Live Tiles allowing quick viewing of everything from pending messages and upcoming appointments to game notifications
- Integrates with many popular Microsoft consumer services, such as Xbox LIVE, Windows Live,
- Bing™ and Zune
- Full HTML Web browser with Bing Search
- Office Hub gives you read/edit access to popular Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel
- and PowerPoint), plus Sharepoint for collaboration on the go and OneNote
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and text messaging
- Windows Phone Marketplace offers a single view to showcase apps, games, music and premium
- Xbox LIVE games
- Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g/n)
- 5MP camera with flash, autofocus and digital zoom and
- 720p HD camcorder
- SRS WOW HD surround sound
- Media player with 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
- Sprint Zone™ one-stop wireless account access, phone tips, news and more
- Sprint TV and Movies® and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
- Stereo Bluetooth® 2.1 (+ EDR)
- Voice and text prompts in both English and Spanish
- Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon Processor
- Dimensions 4.63 inches (117.6 mm) x 2.32 inches (58.9 mm) x 0.61 inches (15.5 mm)
- Weight: 6.5 ounces (184.27 grams)
- Main Display: 3.6-inch (91.4 mm), 800 x 480 WVGA capacitive touchscreen with multitouch
- Internal Memory: 16GB
- Battery: Standard 1500 mAh Lithium-ion
- Talk Time: up to 6 hours
Review: Samsung Galaxy Book S brings amazing battery life, tough keyboard
Samsung's Galaxy Book S runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx ARM processor. With a slick, slim design and weighing just 2.1lbs how does this ultra-light laptop handle office productivity? With exceptionally good battery life and that always-on 4G LTE we have some thoughts in our latest review.
The games on Xbox Cloud Gaming that need touch controls
Minecraft Dungeons proved that touch controls and cloud streaming games can work, so we put together a list of the games we think need touch controls as soon as possible.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
These are the best upgrades for your Prusa Mk3 3D printer
The Prusa Mk3 is one of the best 3D printers you can buy right now, but even the best can be made better. Here are some of our favorite upgrades for the Mk3.